Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Master Untangler

mrunkel,

In my day-to-day business, Report Mdule give me what I call Manager Report with essential info. But sometimes someone ask me for a detailed info about a specific user, IP, URL, Mail or any other thing a special situation requires.

Here start my problem, in this case, Top 10 does not answer some questions, sometimes IP you are looking for is not there, verify is a specific URL has been used is not there, etc.

I mean, info is right there, logs are there, but there is no way to drill down deeper as I would like. If Report Module give to me an option to look for an specific info or a group of, would be good.

voted.

Lex

Angry Casted vote!

I have cast my vote!

I cannot do anything with Sessions and Hits. It appears this is useless information when the more important thing is bandwidth consumption. ie Kb and Mb.

voted

Untangler

what i would like to have is an option to build/create my own customize reports either via crystal report, sql or whatever
    that way i can make them tailor made to my needs
    i saw a post stating that you can do this so if its possible to have it in wiki would be great

mdh

This wiki article (posted Saturday night) explains how to take CSV data from reports that you can use for any purpose you want. While many would use Excel, it could also be imported into any database software with import capabilities. CSV data is straight text, with no special formatting.

http://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/R...rchive_utility

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by mrunkel View Post
    Guys, let's be real here, we just spent 6 months on this new reporting engine and database schema etc.

I can assure you that we worked as hard as we could to put out the best possible reporting system we could. We realized that some folks weren't going to like it.

So, here's where we are. We aren't going back to the old reporting engine, it was broken in many ways that we had to painfully work around. The new engine is lighter, more robust, and better in many, many ways under the hood.

So here's what we need from you:

1.) Business use cases that aren't be satisfied with the current reports. If possible, let us know what you need to satisfy those use cases.
    2.) Please let us know if you see any reports that don't make sense or could be improved.

File bugs on bugzilla.untangle.com for both issues. I promise you that every bug submission is reviewed regularly by the entire engineering, product marketing, support, and QA teams.

We do appreciate the feedback, I just want to make it clear that we're not going back to the old engine. We'll be happy to extend the new engine! We're even trying to see if we can find time to document the new reporting database tables so that you all can extend it yourself with crystal reports or whatever..
    A good chunk of us here really don't want back the old reporting system...I myself as the OP of this thread just want a way to be able to extract all the information for archival purposes easily.

Untangle has answered our prayers and given us the script to do just that!

http://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/R...rchive_utility

Thanks for everything.

And with the raw CSV data we can insert this information into our favorite reporting system and choice and make WHATEVER WE WANT. It's awesome.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

very very true, this could open up a whole new possibility of having a remote reporting server, etc....who's good at coding because I'm not!

Untangler

I just noticed the new reporting. I lost the ablility to see top web users, violators etc by User Name as opposed to IP. I have the AD Connector. Is that something that can be changed or is there a bug I can vote on? I can't believe that's been taken away in this more robust reporting engine.

By the way, I've seen the user reports, which is great. I just need to see total usage, hits, violations by user name.

Thoughts? (I may be just missing something!)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast