Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Master Untangler

Default Please vote to bring back detailed email reports!

vote here: http://bugzilla.untangle.com/show_bug.cgi?id=6948

We have clients that need to be able to get reports for up to a year and they
    need to be detailed showing all user activity. In 6.2 this was simple, we just
    setup email reports and checked the box "detailed user reports" and we would
    just save emails for 365 days. Now with the upgrade to version 7, there is no
    way to be able to save that detailed data without manually drilling down to
    each client and manually saving csv. Please give us the feature back to
    include all user details. I don't care if it's in pdf form or if you just
    attach all the csv's to the email, we just need details for longer than 30
    days.

You filed the enhancement and forgot to vote for it dude. I've added my support here because I'm in the same boat. Report information needs to be archived for long periods for legal reasons in many places.

Perhaps it's time to revive my enhanced reporting web app idea...
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    You filed the enhancement and forgot to vote for it dude. I've added my support here because I'm in the same boat. Report information needs to be archived for long periods for legal reasons in many places.

Perhaps it's time to revive my enhanced reporting web app idea...
    thanks, I just assumed since I submitted that I voted. First every bugzilla post. Only basic time I have every been pissed off with a move forward....Hopefully we get this back!

Voted!

I realize it's hard to please everyone, but now that I've looked at the new reports in more detail, I'd really like to get back the detailed PDF's.

It was my understanding that PDF had to go because that mechanism was the failure point in the old reports module.

I'd rather keep them HTML to be honest... but the darn reports have to be archived out for more than a month. The current system looks like it only holds a week of data, and that isn't enough for half of my applications.

The server itself is welcome to prune itself down that far, if I have a means to get the data out of the unit for archiving elsewhere.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    It was my understanding that PDF had to go because that mechanism was the failure point in the old reports module.

I'd rather keep them HTML to be honest... but the darn reports have to be archived out for more than a month. The current system looks like it only holds a week of data, and that isn't enough for half of my applications.

The server itself is welcome to prune itself down that far, if I have a means to get the data out of the unit for archiving elsewhere.

And it doesn't matter to me like I said. I don't really care how I have the data, as long as I have it for longer. Actually you can chose for it to store reports for 30 days.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdessert View Post
    vote here: http://bugzilla.untangle.com/show_bug.cgi?id=6948

We have clients that need to be able to get reports for up to a year and they
    need to be detailed showing all user activity. In 6.2 this was simple, we just
    setup email reports and checked the box "detailed user reports" and we would
    just save emails for 365 days. Now with the upgrade to version 7, there is no
    way to be able to save that detailed data without manually drilling down to
    each client and manually saving csv. Please give us the feature back to
    include all user details. I don't care if it's in pdf form or if you just
    attach all the csv's to the email, we just need details for longer than 30
    days.
    This isn't accurate. In 6.2 you could get a list of the first thousand incidents. You never could get an entire list nor was it emailed out.

We will be posting a script that allows you to automatically download all CSV files (excluding each user individually because those are a subset of the global ones). You can then automate this and save them as long as you like.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Ahh yes that will do nicely.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Master Untangler

very nicely!

Untangler

I cast my vote for detailed reports. This is a huge set back in our high schools ability to monitor activity. Its very difficult to bring a student in with infractions and not be able to have some sort of specifics especially when parents become involved.
    I am not familiar with using scripts in a linux system. Is this something that will easily installed and used?
    I would really like to see the detailed email reports come back ASAP!!!!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast