Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Untanglit

THANK YOU! i've not lost my mind. The bug is real!

Untangler

I am having exactly the same problem.
    Will a patch be pushed out, or will a manual update be required when it is released?

Thanks

Untanglit

Yeah this is really not a helpful bug. All my data is incorrect and I have no idea when it will be fixed. Because of this bug we have a mild panic attack from the boss who thinks we are hacked or disgruntled ex-employees are stealing our data. I don't think either is the case. So 303 GB isn't the case but the actual 9.5 GB from a single user in a 7 day period is still a bit much. IF that's even accurate

Untangle Ninja

What bug is helpful ? :P
    have your read this therad:
    http://forums.untangle.com/feedback/...ouncement.html

All data should be time 32 so just divide everything by 32 and you will almost see the true bandwith usage.

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Vail View Post
    Because of this bug we have a mild panic attack from the boss who thinks we are hacked or disgruntled ex-employees are stealing our data. I don't think either is the case. So 303 GB isn't the case but the actual 9.5 GB from a single user in a 7 day period is still a bit much.
    haha, I had exactly the same panic attack, I'm glad I stopped short of accuising users!

Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by WebFooL View Post
    All data should be time 32 so just divide everything by 32 and you will almost see the true bandwith usage.
    I shouldn't HAVE to. This seems like a simple bug to catch during the Quality Assurance Testing phase...that's assuming there is one and according to the thread you referred to it may not have been up to par.

Overall I'm VERY pleased with Untangle. I really do love it. I just wish they would have built on the existing reporting system and not revamped it. I'm still trying to figure out what data is there to glean for my custom excel reports to my boss. It just feels like a step back for me.

Untangle Ninja

Hi Aaron Vail,

I am a member of the Beta tester community and i did not see this during my beta period. But it might have bin there.
    I think i found 6 or 7 bugs and all of them where fix before release.

The reporting module in 6.2 was to my knowledge fixes on fixes and did not do the job all the time as for the load it was to big for the job it did.
    And a new module was needed.
    Hopefully they will address all issues.
    And take what they can from the feedback and change the new Module in to something that everybody likes it.

I understand that there is a glitch, but the divide by 32 thing doesn't seem like a good explanation in this instance. One of my users was reported as having 3,828 GB of bandwidth usage... even divided by 32 thats still ~120 GB... There's just no way...

Untanglit

WOW! Over 3 TERABYTES? I agree the "solution" to the glitch is not correct. My user who had 300 GB now has 9.5 GB after the "correction". That's still way too high. Fun to hear the stories while waiting for a real fix though.

zal
    Untangler

When will we have a fix for this? Its becoming very annoying, worthy enough to pull 7 out and replace with 6 or someother device.........

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast