Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Untangler

Talking Still nothing......

I have tried using outlook, webmail and the email is only 670 KB, I have also tried using different SMTP servers and still having the same problem.............................................I just tried fowarding the meesage to one of the addresses that I already have the report sent to and pow bang boom the attachment showed up! I can see my report! But why is it that when it sends the report it does not show the attachment? Why would I have to foward back to the same address to get the report to show?
    Last edited by Xerczese; 10-08-2009 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Revelation!!!

Untangle Ninja

Hi Xerczese,
    What type of mail server do you have?
    Exchange 2007?
    in that case read this http://www.eggheadcafe.com/conversat...eadid=31852947
    Specially the first replay
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/conversat...eadid=31852947

Untangler

Exclamation Still nothing......

I am using an ubuntu mail server and I do not know what my ISP uses but the same happens with both

Untangler

Default same problem here, except

instead of getting one per month, now, I'm getting one every day.

empty message indicates attachment, but nothing is there.

The only change in my system is the upgrade to 7.0.

Untangler

Red face Temporary fix

If you foward the email back to yourself you will get the attachment, I wonder if this is going to be fixed in the new patch that is coming out 7.0.1?
    Last edited by Xerczese; 10-12-2009 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Mispelling

Untangler

Default PDF no go Untangle and Exchange 2007

We recently switched mail servers from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2007 and I no longer get the PDF attachment in the mail to my desktop with Untangle reports. If I look at webmail from the same Exchange server I do see the attachment. If I forward the mail to myself from my desktop, I do not get the PDF.

If I forward back to myself from webmail,then I do get the attachment on my desktop.

This appears to be a know bug in Exchange 2007, having to do with certain encodations in the PDF.
    gr

Untangler

Talking Try the fix.....

Have you tired the fix above given above by WebFooL? I gives a lot of information on getting the PDF

Untangler

I did not try that fix because the next few posts mentioned that it killed the ability of the user to send a PDF.

I did try another fix mentioned elsewhere, where one of the anti spam values is kicked up a little higher. I didn't expect it to do much since we do not have the function enabled (I enabled, changed value, saved, then disabled again).
    gr

Untangler

Angry Still have to foward report......

I have tried a fresh install with 7.0.1 cd and still I get the same thing when it send the reports, I was hoping that new version would fix this problem but I still have to foward the email to get the report, will this be fixed or am I going to have to go back to 6.2 to get my detailed daily's?

Xerczese,

Any chance you could find your email on your mail server (the actual text file before it's in your client)?

We'd love to get a copy of that (with it's headers and the encodings). You can zip it and send it to support@untangle.nospam.com (edit as necessary).
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast