Untangler

Default How to drill down in reports

I'm an untangle newbie. I've been looking at the reports over the last couple of days since it has been setup at a school. I'm having a hard time pulling ANYTHING useful out of it.

Here are a few of my questions/scenarios.

The main thing I would like to do is something like showing any user who was blocked from a social networking site.

But, I'm finding that this report module is virtually useless. The event details tabs don't allow sorting of any kind, worthless! It also seems to limit itself to 1000 entries. The summary stuff only shows the top 10 of anything, what happens if I want to see the whole darn list? I can see no way to select a particular category and look at blocked users, etc.

To put it plainly, any type of reporting I could use to actually present useful data to a school administrator or lab instructor for purposes of discipline is non-existent from what I can see. All I can pull is general information/statistics. What if I want to see the entire list of useage for a particular user?

Anyways, maybe someone can lead me in the right direction.

Download the csv, that will have all the content for the category. The icon is on every reporting page and module. It will have the complete list.

You can import it into excel and do whatever you'd like with it.
    m.

Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.

It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look here if you want my advice on how to draw one.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

you have to click on that host or user to get their individual report.

then click on the events if you want only their events.

ps "Log" means "Log as a Violation"
    so to achieve your goal check "Log" on social networking and then look at the "Top Ten Host Violators"
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com