Thread: Reports Issues

Untangler

Default Reports Issues

I tried to set up a new user in the "Local Directory" pane of the Config tab, but that user cannot log into the reports. Is this not possible? Only the admin account works.

Also, when I download a CSV report, all I get is the headers (Time/Client/User/etc), with nothing else. How do I get the data into the CSV file.

Also, how do I print a report? I have it email me a PDF, but that only shows overall data, it no longer does a per IP report which I need. I can go to the reports page and get a per IP report, but I can't print it properly, since all the info is in an iframe, and the browsers all want to print the whole page and miss anything that needs scrolling to view, which is most of the important stuff.

Thanks!

new report users go into the Reports->config not in the local directory.

You need to enable "Online report" and set a password if you want them to be able to access reports online.

As for the CSV - what event log are you viewing? Are there events in that log?

The current plan for printing is to in 7.4 add a print format button on each page that should lay out that page in a printer friendly format.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Thanks, got the account stuff figured out.

Yes there is data in the reports. I tried several other users, and their CSV reports work fine. I guess its this one user who has 1,000+ lines of logged violations. Just the huge number is the difference between a CSV working and not working. Is this a bug? (Web Filter scanned 13144 web hits and detected 12082 violations).

And the printing option would rock, thanks!

Small bug, I noticed just in the past two days, the reports page is not working properly with Chrome (5.0.375.70) on OS/X. Not sure if it was the 7.3 or a Chrome update that borked it since I did both in the last few days. It works fine on Safari 5. (see upper right in screenshot - cant change report date)

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by dawks View Post
    Thanks, got the account stuff figured out.

Yes there is data in the reports. I tried several other users, and their CSV reports work fine. I guess its this one user who has 1,000+ lines of logged violations. Just the huge number is the difference between a CSV working and not working. Is this a bug? (Web Filter scanned 13144 web hits and detected 12082 violations).

And the printing option would rock, thanks!

Small bug, I noticed just in the past two days, the reports page is not working properly with Chrome (5.0.375.70) on OS/X. Not sure if it was the 7.3 or a Chrome update that borked it since I did both in the last few days. It works fine on Safari 5. (see upper right in screenshot - cant change report date)
    Is there another way to get the CSV reports? Since the web interface only shows 1000 lines, and theres 10-12,000 in total, were missing quite a few lines. As I said before, the CSV works with a few lines, but not thousands, where its actually needed.

Yea, I'm finally getting my reports e-mailed to me after that last upgrade. Thanks guys.
    A lifetime of computing experience.

Its hard to tell without knowing what Events you are looking at.

The screenshot shows the "All Events" tab for host 172.25.x.x
    That CSV should only show events for 172.25.x.x
    the summary includes all hosts
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    Its hard to tell without knowing what Events you are looking at.

The screenshot shows the "All Events" tab for host 172.25.x.x
    That CSV should only show events for 172.25.x.x
    the summary includes all hosts
    The screenshot is meant to show when I click the CSV, its empty, even though there are events there. This only happens on the one host with ~12,000 events.
    The CSV's work fine on other hosts with only a small amount of events >1,000.

The other screenshot was showing that reports are not displaying properly in Chrome. It might just be a bug in chrome however.

Thanks again.