Default No information in User based reports.

Hi,

I'm not getting any info displayed in reports about users. I can see the overall summaries but when I access the user summary in html or pdf or the violaions summaries there is no data displayed. I know that there are violations happening but cannot spend the time to sit there watching the traffic.

There was 1.3 GB of web filtered traffic on Friday and lots of that was facebook, msn, etc.

I switched on directory services integration with our AD domain and the test said it was working so I am unsure what my next step is.

Any help much appreciated.

GD

Right so I've read up a little more and figured out I need an ADLS, I've got as far as trying to download the executable but the web page keeps saying the following...

" Access to the specified resource (Off-site access to the WMI Installer is prohibited.) has been forbidden."

So, I'm connecting to the EXTERNAL IP address. My box is setup in bridge mode, how do I find out the internal IP Address so I can get the ADLS installer?

EDIT: From the WIki

If the Untangle Server is a bridge, then the internal IP is the same as the external IP address.

So my question is, how do I get the installer?

Quote Originally Posted by richie View Post
    yes I am, well seeing as it's in bridged mode the internal and external are both the same aren't they?

I tried it http, https, ip, hostname and FQDN to no avail, same message every time.
    Last edited by GhostyDog; 07-16-2007 at 09:04 AM.

Default requirements for the ADLS

http://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/User_Directory

General Requirements for Using Active Directory with Untangle Server
    Untangle Server's Active Directory integration is designed to address the most common needs of small to medium sized businesses. Although the requirements below are very specific, they are easily met in most small to medium sized business computing environments.

Supported Server OS:

Small Business Server (SBS) 2003 R2 or more current

Supported Client OS:

Windows 2000 Professional (5.0 SP4 Rollup 1 v2) or more current
    Windows XP Professional SP2 (5.1.2600 Service Pack 2) or more current
    Windows Vista (6.0 Build 6000) or more current
    See important notes on firewall configurations below

Untangle Server Router Setup

Your Untangle Server can act as a router or transparent bridge; however, the Untangle Router must be On. In order to use bridge mode, disable the routing functions by disabling NAT and DHCP, and enabling DNS forwarding. For more information about see, Router.

Active Directory Structure

Users can be in multiple Active Directory Organizational Units (OUs), but must be under one Tree in one Forest. Multiple Trees and Forests are not supported at this time.

IP Address Configuration

Your Untangle Server must have a static WAN IP from your Internet Service Provider.
    Untangle recommends that if you are using DHCP on your Windows network, you have your SBS server perform this role.
    While the Untangle Router must be On, you must also set its DHCP function to Disabled.

Host Names

All computers in the Active Directory domain will need to have host names.

DNS Configuration

If you intend to use Active Directory for Reports and Custom Policies, your Domain Name System (DNS) server may require special configuration.

Your DNS server configuration needs to be able to resolve all internal host names within your network to insure that Untangle's Active Directory Lookup Server can communicate with the correct hosts, as well as being able to resolve host names outside of your network.

To do this:

Have the SBS server that is providing the Active Directory support for your network serve as the Primary DNS server for hosts on the network.
    Primary and Secondary DNS servers for your SBS server will be those provided by your ISP.
    Then have the Untangle Server point its Primary DNS to the SBS server IP and DO NOT specify a Secondary DNS server.
    The Untangle Router must be On, and if you are using your Untangle Server as a transparent bridge, then DNS Forwarding must be set to Enabled (while NAT and DHCP are Disabled.)

Firewall Configuration

If you want to use Active Directory for Untangle Reports and Custom Policies, client-side firewalls on your network will require special configuration. If you use Windows Firewall, you need to be familiar with how to use the Active Directory directory service and configure Windows Firewall settings in Group Policy following Microsoft's general instructions.

Using Group Policy, you need to configure Windows Firewall in one of the following ways:
    Enable DCOM traffic on the entire domain (all clients and SBS server) by setting the Windows Firewall: Allow remote administration exception to Enabled in Group Policy. Specifically, in Group Policy Editor, you would:
    Under Console Root, expand Computer Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, expand Network, expand Network Connections, expand Windows Firewall, and then click Domain Profile.
    Right-click Windows Firewall: Allow remote administration exception, and then click Properties.
    Click Enabled, and then click OK.
    In some environments, an alternative would be to use Group Policy to disable Windows Firewall on all clients.
    Any other firewalls internal to the Windows/AD network must have the following TCP ports open (e.g. you are using something other than Windows Firewall on your clients, or you have some clients on your network behind an additional hardware firewall)
    If your Untangle Server is acting as a firewall on the edge of your network, you do not need to open the above ports on the Untangle Firewall.

For more general information about Active Directory, go to Microsoft's Active Directory portal.
    to be understood, you must first understand.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself. If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

I'm going to sack this off and just use untangle for monitoring web traffic on the fly for now, I don't think I'm going to be able to get it to work properly as you stipulate SBS and I have a Windows 2K Domain.