Untanglit

Default Untangle Monster - More specific reporting?

Hi

Well first of all I would like to give my great apreciation to the people behind untangled and all the active users of the forum. Thanks to them I never had to ask a question because it was always there with the proper responce.
    Untangle is a great server and I think it will only get better.

I have an untangle server running for the last 6 months where we use it as our main firewall and router. We have SIP and IAX with about 100 channels at a time without any lag, also the web server, mail server and other aplication servers have no issues. Defenetly need QOS!!!, as it would be a great addon to the product.

I have my untangle running on a Quad Core 3.0Ghz with 4 Gigs of Ram and high speed bus MB. The hardware is all intel based.

Now to the question, is there any way of getting a more detailled report on traffic usage by IP or by routing, as I need to know where the flow is going, what server consumes more and so on. Pfsence has this ability but I dont find it stable enough for the quantity of trafic we handle.

My other question, is it possible to add third party packages to untangle, such as Squid or other types of software?

I thank you for your help.

Chris
    Last edited by briceno; 05-08-2008 at 11:36 AM.

I know the reporting engine will give you reports on web usage.. but I don't know of anything in there that gives a raw bandwidth usage per ip address. It would be a really useful feature for my pending deployment.

Also, does pfsense really do this? I know it has a bandwidth monitor that shows all traffic flowing but I've never seen it break down to the IP.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untanglit

It can using the addons

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    I know the reporting engine will give you reports on web usage.. but I don't know of anything in there that gives a raw bandwidth usage per ip address. It would be a really useful feature for my pending deployment.

Also, does pfsense really do this? I know it has a bandwidth monitor that shows all traffic flowing but I've never seen it break down to the IP.
    The Untangle Reports do give you bandwidth counts for each IP, it's under Activity Summary at the end of the detailed report, sorted from highest to lowest. It does not give you detail in the direction (up or down) though.

You can enable the syslog and snmp on the Untangle and dump that into a server.
    To enable syslog or SNMP, config tab, remote admin, and monitoring.

You can use kiwi syslog, I think they have a free license.
    to be understood, you must first understand.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself. If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com