Default Report Questions (Live Report, Users)

I've been using Untangle for about a week now in a live enviroment. After viewing the reports I have a few questions and request. First I have subscribed to the professional package, I use policy manager and active directory integration. I have about 3 racks configured one that is unrestricted, one that is for times when people should be working and one for lunch when users are allowed to access restricted sites.

1. I would like the option to run a Live Report. Sometimes my executives come into the office and want to see current activity by a paticular user I'd like to run a report that would get all current information. Right now it looks like it's hard coded to run once a day at midnight and that is all

2. Many managers will be acessing the reports individually, to track the employee's that they manage. Some executives do not want to be tracked in any way. I have put these executives in the unrestricted rack however when I view the reports by user their username still comes up with all the sites they have visited. This would allow lesser managers the ability to track executives which is not desired. Is there a way to disable tracking for certain users. I was under the assumption that putting in an unrestricted rack and assigning that rack to those users would stop this but it doesen't.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Nic

I'm pretty sure that you can't accomplish that with an unmodified Untangle box. It will be possible, but you will have to get to the source code...
    --------------------------------
    Juan Machado

For both? Any Idea how this would be done. Are there future plans to have this implimented?

Nic

So much of this is why I'm currently looking into getting my mssql server to pull the report data out of the postgres on UT. Then once I have it over in a separate database a webmonkey buddy of mine is helping me build a generic asp.net reporting interface.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Sky-knight,

Your little project is really cool. Can you share with us more info on how to get data transfered from the postgres UT server to an SQL server?
    Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate
    All other things being equal, the simplest solution is the best.

Thanks to Thomas, I was able to directly access de Postgres DB and also to make copies to SQL server and Oracle. Now, I'll have to learn what Untangle uses to generate the reports or just write a tool to display other type of reports... I will keep you guys posted.
    Juan Machado