Master Untangler

Default How to view report data such as Top 10 users, Top 10 sites etc?

We have a client who is interested in getting Untangle to take advantage of its web filtering/monitoring capabilities.

We have used Untangle ourselves for many years and the reporting system now, whilst not really suited to the average end user/business owner, it does give admins a lot of flexibility and information to work with.

Having said that, this particular client would want an easy way to view say the top 10 users and then drill down to view what sites specific workstations have been accessing? I recall Untangle use to do this but since an update the reporting mechanism has changed somewhat.

Is there an easy way to simply view the top 10 users and then drill down to see what sites they have been accessing?

Thanks
    Last edited by BadBoyHouse; 07-26-2016 at 06:04 AM.

Still can. Reports -> Top Hostnames or if there is usernames attached to devices Top Usernames. To drill down click on the filter button next to the device and then click all web events.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Just click on the top users reports.
    If you want to "drill down" on any aspect (like a usernaem, domain, host, IP, etc) you can add a "condition" at the bottom.

So if I add a username = dmorris condition, then I can view all reports, but only for that username.
    For example, If I view "Top Domains (by request)" with the condition, it will show me the top domains for user dmorris.

If you are looking at a "Top Domains (by size)" report for example in web filter, if you expand the little "Data" section on the right you'll see a little funnel next to each domain. If you click the funnel it will add the condition for that domain for you. For example, it will add domain = amazon.com and then you can view all other reports, like Web Usage, but it will show data only for amazon.com. Same for users, hostnames, IPs, whatever.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

Cheers I'll look at that.

Previously though I recall the reports section was more user friendly - you could look back at previous reports as well. We had a couple of the company owners who looked at the reports section before it changed - I doubt they'd find it anywhere near as easy to navigate now.