Untanglit

Default Email reports, incorrect charts

Hi,

I am using Untangle at home. Get the Daily e-mails every night, but the data / day on some of the chats aren't correct (it's been happening for a while, but seems to be getting worse / more charts incorrect recently).

For example, shown on the attached, last night the main title of the "report" is correct, but the active hosts and Sessions is from the 3rd, Bandwidth from the 5th, and CPU Load from the 6th. Other graphs (not shown) are also from the 3rd, 4th & 5th, and the only one from the 12th is the Web Usage and Hourly Tunnel Traffic.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Also, sometimes some of the charts are missing altogether, quite often the "Top Domains Usage".

Not sure if something isn't set up correctly, but not sure what to check. I used to send the e-mail via the standard Untangle SMTP server, but a few weeks ago I changed that to my own (in-house) server, but it's not made a difference.

Any thoughts?

Untanglit

Umm, this might be a iPhone e-mail issue (where I generally read the mails). I have just opened up the e-mail in the iPhone Outlook app, and that seems to show the correct charts for yesterday, so maybe (if the chart images / links) have the same names maybe the iPhone is using a cached version, and not the latest / correct version.

2 charts are still "missing" though, the Top Domains Usage, and Top Applications usage.

Anyone else seen / having the same issue.

Untanglit

So, I "closed" the mail app down (double tap of the home button, and then swipe up), but that didn't;t seem to make a difference, so I then "closed" it again, then re-booted the phone, and now it seems to be showing the correct charts (but with the 2 as before still missing).

I will see what happens tomorrow / over the next few days, but the incorrect charts seems to be an iOS email caching issue.

Untangle Ninja

iOS seems to have a caching issue, it's not just the reports emails from your untangle, I see it with other emails as well, all of these emails open and display normally with any other email client. I have filed beta bug reports with apple for several releases now but it's not a priority I guess, at least they fixed the broken vpn with the last beta release, I suggest you file a bug with apple too, maybe someday they'll fix it.

Master Untangler

Yes, I can confirm this is happening on our Untangle installation (v12.2.1, using the Paid version). The emailed report is missing the following charts: Sessions, Top Domains Usage, Spam Ratio and Top Policy Usage. Top Domains Usage and Top Policy Usage are blank whereas the other two appear to just not be displaying correctly. I've confirmed this on the iPhone Outlook App, iPhone integrated Mail app, Android phones, Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013.
    I feel there is a bug in the reports.

Master Untangler

Please open a case by emailing support@untangle.com and we'd be happy to help you figure out the reports issue there.

Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by degraw32 View Post
    Please open a case by emailing support@untangle.com and we'd be happy to help you figure out the reports issue there.
    So, been keeping an eye on it over the weekend. If I look at an e-mail, then the following day the charts are from the day before. If I then force close the e-mail app (but don't reboot the phone) , and then go back in, all looks ok. So it definitely looks to be an IOS (e-mail app) issue. So, not sure anything Untangle related. However, I do still simetimes get a "blank" chart.