Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Untanglit

Default Problems creating a custom report on V13

I'm trying to create a custom report for some firewall traffic and when I select a server ip from the pull down and 'save' the report, I get a a Java error.

Exception!Name: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to query database. query: SELECT * FROM reports.sessions WHERE time_stamp >= [etc deleted]

This seems to happen with any condition I try to apply. The out of the box reports work fine.

Any clues as to where I should start to look pls?

TiA

David

Master Untangler

What would happen if you went into the settings of an existing report, gave it a new name and saved it as a new report?

Master Untangler

Ok, I was able to test this and have the same issue. In another post, I was suggested to add a condition and after doing so, I'm getting the exception error. I'll post there so not to hijack.

Untanglit

Interesting - pls let me know where the relevant thread is when you have time.

Untanglit

OK, I found the associated thread.. but no solution ;{

Has anyone got Reports with conditions to work?

You need to change the conditions last I tihnk if you are encountering the issue where it reverts to original values.
    I think this is fixed in 13.2
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untanglit

Hi - thanks for that - I'm still on 13.0..

I don't quite understand your suggestion.., what happens with me is that:

1) I take an existing 'default' report - say Firewall Flagged Events activity - and 'save as' a new report with a new name.

2) it works as expected. And I see traffic in the main screen.

3) I then use the SQL select part of the GUI to add a condition - for instance, to filter the display to only show traffic related to a particular host. So I pick 'hostname' and = msi-dc04 and when I hit 'save' - I get errors.

Exception!
    Name: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to query database. query: SELECT * FROM reports.sessions WHERE time_stamp >= '2017-10-04 12:00:00' and time_stamp <= '2017-10-05 12:27:10' and hostname = msi-dc04 ORDER BY time_stamp DESC LIMIT 1000 (490)
    Message: Failed to query database. query: SELECT * FROM reports.sessions WHERE time_stamp >= '2017-10-04 12:00:00' and time_stamp <= '2017-10-05 12:27:10' and hostname = msi-dc04 ORDER BY time_stamp DESC LIMIT 1000

Any ideas pls?

Many thanks

Master Untangler

Have you tried putting the hostname in single quotes (or double quotes) like 'msi-dc04' ?

Master Untangler

I just upgraded today and was provided:
    Build: 13.1.0.20171010T122129.8b95b52-1jessie
    Kernel: 3.16.0-4-untangle-amd64

The issues persist. Any info on when Untangle 13.2 will be available to try?

I had the same issue, single quotes around certain variables (username, hostname) seems to have done the trick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast