Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Report for monthly data usage

When I used Shibby Tomato, there was an awesome feature that would store overall data usage on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. The data was dumped to disk every 4 hours (configurable) and reports could show data usage over the entire time of capture (I had multiple year's worth of data). Reports would generate in seconds.

Is there a similar report in Untangle that would show Inbound, Outbound, and Total data usage per day/week/month? I understand that all data is kept in a database and reports will run off that data in real time. I can wait for a report to be generated, but having access to that data is the most important. I also don't necessarily need more than a few months worth of data.
    Untangle 16.4.1
    Protectli "Vault" Firewall Micro Appliance
    Intel Core i3-7100U CPU, 240GB mSata, 16GB RAM, 4 x Intel NICs

Yes in reports you can view all this data and dig into it and slice and dice it all you want.

Just specify the time period in the bottom since the beginning of the month.

If you want a periodic email you can add a new email report template that is "Month To Date" to show you reports and data usage to since the 1st of the month in an email every morning.

Reports > Network has a bunch of premade default reports.
    "Interface Usage" may be of some use.
    If you don't want to see the details and only 1 hour segments or something (seems odd, but OK) then you create a new report that shows bars instead of area graphs in 1 hour segments.
    Last edited by dmorris; 10-18-2017 at 02:26 PM.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Thanks, but I was looking for more assistance on how to slide and dice it all I want.

Which of the reports under "Network" would get me closest to what I'm looking for as a good base? Seems like "data usage" would, but when I put 9/1 through 9/30, I see no data.

Up until last week, I was keeping 60 days of data. I then changed that to 90. Would that clear out last months data? I'm also archiving data onto google drive. Does that clear anything out?

Thanks...
    Untangle 16.4.1

Still very confused about how Reports works. The online help is apparently for the pre-13 Reports App.

I went to modify an existing app (since there isn't an obvious way to create a new report from scratch - the existing doc instructions don't work). I used "Data Usage (by interface)". I can change "Style" to Column, but then what does "Pie Slices Number" mean? Under Advanced, what is a "Series Renderer"? Or "Pie Group Column"? Or "Pie Sum Column"? Or "Display Order"? Heck, I'm not even using a Pie chart.

I ideally want a bar graph to show total data usage across all interfaces in both directions, broken up by month.

Any help would be appreciated (and an updated doc!).

Thanks...
    Untangle 16.4.1

Can anyone assist with such a report and how I would even approach configuring one?
    Untangle 16.4.1

Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

I will add this to the defaults

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    I will add this to the defaults
    That's awesome. Thanks!

Curious why interface 1 and 2 are slightly different. In my case, 1 is a little less than 2 (and yours is the opposite).

I still don't understand how "pie slices number", "series renderer", and "display order" works.

Thanks again...
    Untangle 16.4.1

Interface 1 and Interface 2 are different interfaces.
    They don't have anything to do with each other and will not be equal. If they are equal it is just a coincidence.

pie slices determines the number of slices, just set this to 10 or the number of interfaces you have.
    series renderer is how the values are rendered, i would leave this blank.
    display order determines where in the list the report displays.

Thanks again!

One more question. It seems I only have data since Oct 8th. I have my data retention set to 90 days.

Would the upgrade from 12.2.1 to 13 to 13.1 reset the data? I upgraded around that time...
    Untangle 16.4.1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast