Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default email reports not sending

Anyone having problems with email reports not sending out? Mine just recently stopped. The log indicates 2018-03-08 01:47:24 1etqGo-000LO8-0n Completed but nothing arrives. Oddly enough I can send a test email in config and it comes right through. Also, the Exim remote attack bug is out in the wild and it would appear we are not patched for it. Any idea when that will occur?

grep the log for 1etqGo-000LO8-0n
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    Also, the Exim remote attack bug is out in the wild and it would appear we are not patched for it. Any idea when that will occur?
    Since Untangle only uses Exim to send email, it is unaffected by that bug.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.

That crossed my mind after I ask the question

/var/log/exim4 # grep 1etqGo-000LO8-0n mainlog
    2018-03-08 01:47:22 1etqGo-000LO8-0n <= security@wise-innovations.com H=localhost [127.0.0.1] P=esmtp S=609111 id=1364863570.11520495242040.JavaMail.security@wise-innovations.com
    2018-03-08 01:47:24 1etqGo-000LO8-0n => (EDITED)@gmail.com R=smarthost T=remote_smtp_smarthost H=wise-innovations.com [192.185.79.75] X=TLS1.2:ECDHE_RSA_AES_128_GCM_SHA256:128 DN="OU=Domain Control Validated,OU=Hosted by HostGator.com\, LLC.,OU=PositiveSSL Wildcard,CN=*.websitewelcome.com" A=plain C="250 OK id=1etqGp-000ttT-Io"
    2018-03-08 01:47:24 1etqGo-000LO8-0n Completed

Looks good to me... Test emails go through just fine?... It was sending report emails fine until about 3 days ago then just stopped. Nothing was changed. I have thoroughly searched for lost emails on server and found nothing. 1:47am is the time the email reports are generated nightly, not sure what determines that time but it has always been consistent.

Is there a way to manually trigger the report email so I can test/acquire more logs?

Thanks!

It looks like the other end accept the mail. You'll need to look into what the server did with it.

you can run reports-cron in cron.daily
    or you can run the individual script to just generate and send the "fixed" reports.
    I won't list it here because people will try it with no context, but if you read the cron file you'll see what I'm talking about.

And exim will be included with the next security update. We deemed in not important to push an updated immediately because exim is not publically accessible and only used internally.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

Mine stopped about 2-3 days ago aswell. Not a really a issue for me but interesting to see im not the only one =)

If you are using hostgator as a relay, you'll also need to talk to hostgator. Untangle does not have any association with hostgator.

Rite... I already dug through the hostgator account looking for some sort of issue. What's off about that is the test emails fire through just fine using hostgator relay. Only scheduled emails vanish. I went ahead and changed my outgoing email server to Gmail to see what happens. When I get back to the house I will trigger the report email through both servers and see what the result is. Then wait for 1:47am to see if the system automates it

Possibly hostgator sees something it thinks as "bad" in the report email, like the number of embedded MIME parts used to encode the images. Still, I'd think there's be a log somewhere noting that or any other issue with the message.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast