Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Untanglit

Default Total monthly WAN usage

I've cut the cord in the last couple of weeks and would like to keep and eye on my total Internet usage so, whatever passes through the WAN port is probably what I am looking for.

I just cannot figure out how to construct the rules to create the report. I'd really like to add it to the Dashboard. Not sure what the display should look like, in looking at the others on the dashboard, some sort of meter.

My most recent billing period is from 08/11/19 through 09/10/19 so the rule would have to be self-updating to clock the usage during this period each month and then reset and for the next monthly period.

Thanks in advance.

Dashboard is limited to 24 hrs. These updates are expensive and over a span of weeks would be prohibitively CPU/disk intensive. The report you are looking for is /admin/index.do#reports?cat=network&rep=data-usage-(by-interface). Just the WAN interfaces.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untanglit

I see.

Thanks for the information.

I had not thought it would be big overhead.

I'll research other ways to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by glen4cindy@gmail.com View Post
    I see.

Thanks for the information.

I had not thought it would be big overhead.

I'll research other ways to do this.
    May be via SNMP.

@Glen4Cindy - I'm about to embark on that same quest/project as I've already exceeded my Xfinity monthly data caps three times, and they gave me three, free "amnesty"(?) months. I was backing up security cam footage to a cloud account, so I stopped that in a hurry.

If we can't get monthly WAN usage stats via Untangle, I'm also exporting Netflow data to another computer running PRTG.

Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

Master Untangler

That is a pretty picture. It doesn't show the period of the data? When did it start and end?

Quote Originally Posted by donhwyo View Post
    That is a pretty picture. It doesn't show the period of the data? When did it start and end?
    The reports cover the timeframe you specify in the top left.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

Master Untangler

That looks like it is what they are looking for. I have seen this asked for before. Maybe it needs to be more obvious or at least in the wiki or something? Well maybe it is I didn't look.

Quote Originally Posted by donhwyo View Post
    That looks like it is what they are looking for. I have seen this asked for before. Maybe it needs to be more obvious or at least in the wiki or something? Well maybe it is I didn't look.
    OP asked about adding it to the dashboard, and jcoffin is correct; the dashboard is limited in time so you can't view this report for the month on the dashboard, only in the reports.
    Last edited by dmorris; 09-07-2019 at 10:53 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast