Thread: High disk usage

Default High disk usage

Quote Originally Posted by famille.kowlessur View Post
    Hello everyone.
    I'm new to UFW and I'm getting also same kind of "abnormal" disk space usage, but I've noticed it only after having bought a licence 2 weeks ago
    I also set data retention to 1day and had logs unset as suggested, but still, I'm cannot get disk usage growing.

Attachment 10331

My goal is to filter and time-schedule use of internet for my kids.
    First, I created triggers to identify my kids' devices as in the following list:

Attachment 10332

Here's a sample one trigger to set tag "_FILTERKIDSLEVEL0" used by a specific policy to apply WebFilter and Application Control:

Attachment 10334

Same thing for another policy to block other devices using Firewall app:

Attachment 10333

I've set time to 1day thinking that my kid can't try more than once per day...

First remark: in WebFilter and Application control, I've uncheck all flags, but on saving, every flag became set again > so I can't say really if they are active.
    Then, I've activated reports with only 1 day data retention.

When no tags are active, my disk space was about 4Gb. But at soon as one tag is set, my disk space grew at a rate of more than 1Gb every 2 mins or so !!!
    The bad thing is even when I stopped using internet on the devices, disk space continues to grow !!!

I thought I was wrong on tag's lifetime and so I set it to 1h, but my entire disk space was sucked before that (~90Gb !!!).

I've contacted support, described my case but more than 1 week after, they are still turning me like a fool by asking all sorts of images, reports etc...

So I'm looking forward to have more help from the community

Can anyone tell me what's wrong ?
    here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by famille.kowlessur View Post
    I've contacted support, described my case but more than 1 week after, they are still turning me like a fool by asking all sorts of images, reports etc...

So I'm looking forward to have more help from the community
    If you allow them, support can look at your configuration, those of us volunteering on the forums cannot.
    So, I am pretty much speechless. Also, please be aware that the phrase "they are still turning me like a fool" does not translate well into English.

With the report retention set to one day, you might have to wait a day before disk usage gets cleaned up.

you might want to export individual modules setting, and Reset all settings to factory defaults. #config/system/support

I might guess that it would be even better to re-install from scratch, and not necessarily do a restore, unless you are certain that you have eradicated the issue causing the problem.
    Last edited by Jim.Alles; 06-18-2020 at 12:14 PM.

First remark: in WebFilter and Application control, I've uncheck all flags, but on saving, every flag became set again > so I can't say really if they are active.
    "Flag is always enabled if the action is Block." for all of NGFW rules.

This is to assist in troubleshooting any blocked traffic. i.e: "Why doesn't this website work?".

Hello Jim.
    Thank you for responding to my issue. I will not go into details of "fooling me" as it isn't the right place here.
    So, I've restart over (and over) from scratch. When I saw that I had no disk space, I applied available script. But it "bricked" my installation. Not later than past Friday, support admitted that there was an incompatibility issue that might cause such problems I encountered.
    That being said, I've noticed (after several reinstallation and trying to reproduce my issue) that script bricked UFW only when disk is completely full. Otherwise, BEFORE disk is full, it worked....

Regarding "flag always set", I can understand this philosophy, but it wasn't stated elsewhere in the documentation.

To the time being, in my use case, I have to disable Reports app. Support (another person treating a my new ticket) is telling me that probably it's with my way of creating the tag is not right. Maybe that way I did is triggering every session...
    I'm waiting for their help, but I can't understand how to implement otherwise.

Shouldn't create my trigger from the mac address ? Should I create it from Session list ?