Untangler

Default Report Exports Broken in v15? (Revisited)

The original thread is closed, so I'm starting a new one. In v14.x the "Export Data (csv)" button would export all records matching a specified time period, regardless of how many were displayed. In v15.0 this was changed to export only those matching the display count criteria (100/500/1000/5000/10000/50000). This means that a report generating 100,000+ records in v14 could be run and exported only once, but in v15, 3 instances must be run, all with different time periods, and then they have to be manually stitched together.

In the original thread I was pointed to a bug report (https://jira.untangle.com/browse/NGFW-12916). This report indicates a plan to convert the Export Data button to a menu, allowing the choice of all records matching the configured time period or only those shown based on the display count setting. I am now running v15.1.1 and the v14 behavior has not been reinstated. I am hoping this is still in the works and hasn't been forgotten. The conversation in the bug database seems to have died out last July. Will someone please confirm the plans for this going forward? Tnx!

~bd

The menu exports either all the records (not just the time period) or the events shown (conditions and number of events affects this). As the bug states the fixVersion is 16.0.
    Last edited by jcoffin; 09-26-2020 at 03:44 PM.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

So it won't go back to the behavior in v14? If that's the case can we get an "unlimited" option for the number of events? I do daily exports for the previous day (midnight to midnight) and keep them in a spreadsheet - waiting for all records and then filtering out the unwanted data will be almost as bad as the manual stitching process. Or better yet, how about an option to select a date and export everything from that date only?

RE: the fix version, for some reason I thought it was 15.0, so either I misread it or it changed. Either way, thanks for the correction.