Default Usage reporting per interface for a month?

Is there any way to get reports for more than 24 hrs? I have been playing with custom reports and can not find anything so far. Seems to be a hard limit for 24hrs. Ideally, I would like a bar graph on my dash for total usage in the month per interface. This was a feature I had on pfsense that was very handy when dealing with my ISP on usage.

In all honesty, not having this makes me kinda regret paying for the home plus license. This is something I took for granted would be part of the reporting since even the crap consumer routers I have owned in the past could do this. I am hoping I am just missing something.

Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

First, go to apps -> Reports -> Settings

Then hit the data tab, and make sure you have retention set for an appropriate amount of days. By default it's only 7.

You can manipulate reports all you want, but if the data isn't there you can't get it!

Now, after that you'll be grateful for the Home Plus license, because without a subscription you don't have bandwidth control. And without Bandwidth Control, you don't have the Bandwidth Usage report. Once you've got the report up, select since "this month", add an additional condition, look in the interface_stat_events table, for Interface_id, set that to = eth0 for External... or whatever your interface is.

Once you've defined a report that does what you need, it's just a matter of making a widget out of it.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Glad to see I am just a little on the blind side. Thanks for the info. I already set data retention to last a year. I have more than enough storage to not worry about running out.

I will start playing some more with it. Thanks again.

Ha! Well you're no more blind than I am. Untangle's reporting engine is HUGE and it can do just about anything. But, it's... huge...

Getting into that thing and really making it work can make you feel a bit like a passenger trying to land a 747.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Untanglit

Graphic's look great but do not give the data needed.

QUESTION: I would like to get a bandwidth report in LIST VIEW summarized per IP address with Total, Sent, Received

Any suggestions??

Quote Originally Posted by JerryOH View Post
    Graphic's look great but do not give the data needed.

QUESTION: I would like to get a bandwidth report in LIST VIEW summarized per IP address with Total, Sent, Received

Any suggestions??
    You should start your own thread, instead of hijacking this one.

But to answer your question, The data you want is in three reports under Bandwidth Control, Top Clients by total bytes, top clients by received bytes, and top clients by sent bytes. If you want the tabular data, click the data view button at the top of the pie chart.

If you want it all together, you'll have to make a custom report.

*Edit*, the All Sessions report under Bandwidth Control has everything but the totals laid out. You just need to set the conditions at the top to match the desired time period.
    Last edited by sky-knight; 01-03-2021 at 08:37 PM.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Untanglit

Ninja:

Sorry, I wasn't trying to hijack a thread. Maybe I misunderstood this thread was about usage and bandwidth.

Thank you for your answers, but I'm looking for a summarized list/tabular view of the data which it doesn't appear the reporting app does.

I'll use your suggestion of pulling the graph and clicking on data view for now and export it to excel to get what I need.

Thanks again,

JerryOh, you're after the All Sessions report under Bandwidth Control, it has the data you're after in a tabular view. It doesn't have total bytes in the column, but you can export that data to a CSV and create that column in Excel easily enough.
    NexgenAppliances.com