Default Quality of Life Enhancement - Reports needs a purge now button.

Untangle has a nice Python script for doing DB table maintenance, and it would be really nice if when admins start getting disk space alerts they could actually ACT on those alerts aside from reducing retention and praying it's enough.

We have a wiki script that will purge the reports DB entirely sure, but we have the above python script that accepts a number of days as a parameter and takes care of business.

Can we please get an advanced button under reports settings that lets admins purge data to the current retention value now? It would have saved me some panic today at least.

Side note, I'm testing an OSS RMM called Tactical, and if you use it through Untangle make DARNED SURE you bypass it. The thing is lean, and it's fast, but it generates more network sessions than a torrent client sometimes. 30 end points was generating 3gb of log data A DAY!
    CMcNaughton likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Lol I found some sort of bug in the Tactical agent...

One single endpoint... ONE OF THEM was maintaining 886 sessions to the control server.

That was generating a few logs...

And by few I mean a catastrophically large pile of logs. I found a runaway python.exe process that was creating 10 TCP sessions a second... continuously...

Dat's a bug...
    Last edited by sky-knight; 01-06-2021 at 01:47 AM.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Dangit, Rob...that's solid. I didn't see a feature request matching this, but it's definitely worthy. We could maybe piggyback it on this one from Jason, which has a shockingly low number of upvotes..

His request is a bit broader, and while general cleanup is handy... that side can be abused too.

But admins do need control over reports, a lack of control here can be catastrophic.

And with Untangle support closing tickets and punting people to the forums, we're losing the command line magic we need in this dire circumstances. The disk usage script, and the reports db flush are the only two items that I never SSH into Untangle for anymore. And the need is very rare because I'm pretty good at sizing things.

But then I poke at some new software and turn the world upside down.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by CMcNaughton View Post
    Dangit, Rob...that's solid. I didn't see a feature request matching this, but it's definitely worthy. We could maybe piggyback it on this one from Jason, which has a shockingly low number of upvotes..
    Low votes seems to be a reasonable excuse. What is a reasonable excuse for the requests that have hundreds and only "under consideration"?