Default Not receiving daily reports

Hello,

I am not receiving the Daily Reports email, it was working then stopped working. I began to research this and figure out why.

The email I use is from Bluehost. When I go to Config -> Email and send a test email I cannot receive it to my email on Bluehost but I can receive the test email in my gmail. So I figured it could be a Bluehost problem with whitelisting/blacklisting. I contacted Bluehost and they gave me an IP address(will provide upon request) which they said was marked as low reputation spam from when I send the email. I would like to see if this IP is from Untangle.

I am using the "Send email using the cloud hosted mail relay server" option inside my Untangle as well. Any insight on the cloud hosted relay servers would be appreciated too or if I should use the other options.

Any help is appreciated.

Cloud Hosted Relay Servers are Untangle's mail relays attached to Untangle.com.

I recommend you simply send it directly to your domain's MX record on TCP 25 with no authentication. Unless you're trying to get Untangle to email to domains beyond your own... this is by far the easiest means to ensure email came straight to you. So if it doesn't get there, you know it's because of a spam filter on your own stuff.
    jcoffin likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Thanks for that.

I set it up to send email to my MX record and it works only if I send it to my untangle@mydomain.com email in which I forward all email from untangle@mydomain.com to admin@mydomain.com

Sending straight to admin@mydomain.com doesn't want to work. Sort of frustrating. I am changing the user email in Apps -> Reports -> Email Templates as I do these tests too. I'll add both emails soon.

If I can't find a solution better than sending to an alternative email then forwarding all emails to my admin email then I guess so be it. I was hoping to get somebody to look at the IP I have and look into it.

I am reaching out to Bluehost again because one email works and one does not from the same domain and host so it doesn't make any sense.

Yeah that's a mail server configuration thing.

When sending to M365 it just works, but goes to spam unless it's SPF'd. But that doesn't always work because of dynamic WANs, but there are ways to select the email via policy and have it delivered properly even if Outlook reports it as spam.

In other cases you need a mailbox so you can do an authenticated send. But that has a cost attached to it, and only really provides value if you want stuff to be sent off domain.

But that's what I do with M365, shared mailbox for admin, reports from everything go in there. If they've got a static WAN, I'll SPF it and just watch it work. If I don't, I make policies to ensure all those reports land in the inbox of the shared mailbox, and one last policy to allow for off domain forwarding from that shared mailbox so I can forward from there to my own email.

POOF, client has an admin mailbox they can see, and I get copies on something that pings my phone. It's worked for a decade, and shows no sign of stopping.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com