Untangle Ninja

Default Anyone want to give me a hint what I'm doing wrong here.

I love that ads can be blocked but the reporting of blocked ads is making every aspect of reporting, both emailed and in the gui, useless. I've tried private sessions with other browsers, I've stopped and restarted reporting, I haven't restarted the machine and I don't know if I'm using the right conditions.

filterfail.png

Copy the report, edit the copy...

In the SQL Conditions section add a new line Reason for Action (Web Filter) is not "Web Advertisements"

*edit* Might have to use not like instead...
    Last edited by sky-knight; 03-25-2021 at 12:37 PM.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangle Ninja

but, something's broken right?

Sure I could export 50,000 events and do whatever in excel but in the old days if, as I recall, I set up this condition, the gui would just display whatever blocked Malware Sites are in the db for Today.

The error on the screen means there's something wrong with the condition you picked. You can reset it, and if you want different views of the data you simply need to make your own reports that display the information you want.

Tinkering with the UI to get those queries to cooperate isn't always terribly straight forward sadly.

You're stuck with the same limitations when you dig into conditions like you did, I just prefer to be editing a report so I can click the preview button as I tinker with the controls to find a query that works. You're poking at postgres and that database doesn't always respond the way you'd expect.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com