Untangler

Default What's the most useful custom report you've created?

Have you created a custom report that's useful and awesome? Mind sharing a screenshot of its settings? Untangle has great built-in reports but maybe you improved upon them. Let's see what you came up with. I'll go first. (Not that impressive but whatever!)

2022-08-02 18_44_26-.png
    dashpuppy and BB32210 like this.

Untangler

So no one has ever created a custom report before? Are they too secretive to share?

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by MP715 View Post
    So no one has ever created a custom report before? Are they too secretive to share?
    I haen't but soon ill do a few videos on this. Just on vacation ATM.
    MP715 likes this.

That Which Lurks Below

I've seen a handful over the years, but not many. They're usually for some very specific purpose; the most common custom report I see is Web Filter's All Web Events for a specific host or username. That one's common in schools.
    dashpuppy and MP715 like this.
    Græme Ravenscroft • Technical Marketing Engineer
    ('gram', like the unit of measurement)
    he/him
    Please don't reboot your NGFW.
    How can we make Arista ETM products better?

Once upon a time I had a custom dashboard widget to show top session count devices by minute -- similar to top applications and top hostnames, but for sessions instead of throughput. It was placed where I could correlated it with CPU load to try to help troubleshoot some issues (which device(s) are driving this load?), but I lost it at a server rebuild and haven't put in the time to recreate it.
    Last edited by jcoehoorn; 08-11-2022 at 08:49 AM.
    MP715 likes this.
    Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 16GB with Untangle 16.5.2 to protect a 1Gbps fiber link for ~450 residential college students and associated staff and faculty