Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Report Problems

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    We're heading off into the world of silliness here, but try this.

1. Open up the message in Outlook, go to the File Menu
    2. See if "Save Attachments" is black (selectable) or gray (not selectable)

If its black, see what attachment is there. If its gray, I'll scratch my head some more. I have found a reference to a Exchange 2007 bug that affects in-line attachments (which a PDF should not be). Let me know what you get.
    It's grey on the 2003 box, I have to reboot and swap hard drives to check the 2007 one.

On a side note is there a way to make it rerun the report so that i can chage things and test more quickly?

mdh

If its gray, I'm probably barking at the moon. It still seems like an Outlook problem (unless its an Exchange to Outlook protocol problem) because the server is sending, and 2 of 3 clients are seeing the attachment. Just for grins, does your Acrobat function normally? Maybe a Acrobat reinstall is necessary...

As far as reports go, you can get to the current one at http://<Untangle>/reports or for an older (and maybe shorter one, http://<untangle>/reports/archive

Untangler

I'm convinced it's not an untangle problem. Acrobat works fine I have 8.1 pro and it just created a pdf for me, it even emailed it as it should. I'm thinking it's time for a office reinstall, the only thing that bugs is 07 is doing it also. Maybe I'll take a leap of faith and install the beta sp1 for ex2007.

I was hoping I could make it resend the email for testing, I do know how to retrive the report THANKS!!

mdh

In Outlook, go to the Help menu. There's a DETECT and REPAIR option there. Maybe it will find something. That's a lot faster than a reinstall.

It "looks" like an Outlook issue. When multiple Outlook versions are involved, then it could be a registry issue (more likely than 2 Outlook issues). Good luck. Keep beer handy!

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    In Outlook, go to the Help menu. There's a DETECT and REPAIR option there. Maybe it will find something. That's a lot faster than a reinstall.

It "looks" like an Outlook issue. When multiple Outlook versions are involved, then it could be a registry issue (more likely than 2 Outlook issues). Good luck. Keep beer handy!
    Well it's just funny because it happens in 03 which is installed on xp sp2 and 07 which is installed on vista.

Hmm, that's interesting.
    Can you test it out sending it to a couple of different email addresses? Like another exchange/outlook one, a gmail/yahoo. Just to see if other users are able to receive the reports, or if it's just your specific mail box.

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by amac View Post
    Hmm, that's interesting.
    Can you test it out sending it to a couple of different email addresses? Like another exchange/outlook one, a gmail/yahoo. Just to see if other users are able to receive the reports, or if it's just your specific mail box.

That is what is in place now but i've taken it a little farther lol

It's going to
    My email on my Xp box with 03
    A test vista box with 07 and a brand new user
    A 2000 Box with 03 and a different user
    Gmail
    Yahoo
    My personal website email (Linux host)

should know something more tomorrow lol

WoW! Very impressive setup. Looks like we are moving our Untangle HQ to localrich's network.
    to be understood, you must first understand. :)
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself. If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by gotkimchi View Post
    WoW! Very impressive setup. Looks like we are moving our Untangle HQ to localrich's network.

Well having a bunch of older dells, does help. It will be nice once they get our 6MB line installed though

I'm trying to prove it is an exchange thing or an outlook thing.

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by localrich View Post
    That is what is in place now but i've taken it a little farther lol

It's going to
    My email on my Xp box with 03
    A test vista box with 07 and a brand new user
    A 2000 Box with 03 and a different user
    Gmail
    Yahoo
    My personal website email (Linux host)

should know something more tomorrow lol
    So here is how it went

My email no attachment
    test vista no attachment
    2000 box no attachment
    Gmail works
    Yahoo works
    Personal site email works.

I'm positive it's something in exchange at this point. We are on ex07, but I could VM up an ex03 server to test if you guys think it would be a good idea.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast