Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Report Problems

Default not just happening on exchange

Not to muddy the waters too much but I have a similar issue and I have NO MicroSloth software involved in the equation. Mail server is running on FC6 (postfix/sendmail) and untangle sends via my smtp server.

I am on a Mac 10.5 MacBook using Apple Mail as a client.

I get the message, including the untangle graphic and a message that says the PDF is attached but NO attachment.

I tried to see if the REPLY trick might show the attachment but nothing. I have looked at the reports via the web browser (on the server) and they contain lots of nice useful info. Just nothing getting attached to the email.

Any ideas?

mdh

glen,

Do you have the ability/access to the mail server to see if logs may show anything about blocking the attachment?

If you look at the report online, is the PDF there? Appear to be undamaged?

Yes, I have access to the mail server. Will check shortly and let you know what I see.

I have accessed the PDF's via the web and they are fine. I actually printed the weekly 'cause I was so impressed with the info it provided.

Could be a bit before I get to the logs. Last day of school before vacation and the Help Desk just called to tell me that there are choc. frosted cupcakes with sprinkles in the library... must go get some...

mdh

I know the feeling...every Friday, we have a blinding flash of light as the Office Manager comes in and restores daytime for the nocturnally-challenged. Soon after, I hear these tiny voices going "Eat me! Eat me!" and its coming from this pink box in the break room. All indications are that the glazed ones are the culprits, because the voices go away after they're gone.

Default Interesting

Seems that after the sugar from the cupcake (or was it the cookies) kicked in, I remember that I hadn't tried the "save attachments" option (even though it indicates no attachment). I gave that a shot and the PDF's are saved fine. They are attached but my mail client must be misreading them.

I have no problem with the idea that I need to save the attachments to see them. If that is the most complicated hoop I have to jump through today then I will feel lucky and drink a toast to you guys when I get home....

Untangler

I upgraded to sp1 on our exchange 2007 server and still have the same issue. Also in outlook 2003 attached to exchange 2007 if you try to save the attachment nothing happens, it lists the attachment but will not save them. If I go to the web-mail the report shows fine.

mdh

localrich,

Search for this one on the forums. Someone reported this recently. I had him send the email with the non-existing attachment to me, and it was there. I don't remember if he said which Exchange/Outlook setting he changed, but its a Microsoft "undocumented feature" on the interaction between the two. Maybe they'll get it fixed by Service Pack 27.

Untangler

I wanted to share that a number of persons where I work have been testing Office 2007. Most I believe most are testing with the Vista build which adds to the complexity. I do know that multiple persons have opened issues surrounding attachments with Outlook 2007. I was going to participate in the testing, but based on the overwhelming number of reports of problems with Office 2007, Vista and things they break I do not have time.

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by glen.page View Post
    Seems that after the sugar from the cupcake (or was it the cookies) kicked in, I remember that I hadn't tried the "save attachments" option (even though it indicates no attachment). I gave that a shot and the PDF's are saved fine. They are attached but my mail client must be misreading them.

I have no problem with the idea that I need to save the attachments to see them. If that is the most complicated hoop I have to jump through today then I will feel lucky and drink a toast to you guys when I get home....
    Just started testing Untangle yesterday. I am using Apple Mail and my email is hosted with 1and1.com. I routinely get other .pdf attachments wiht no problems, they show up in the email just like you would expect them to.

When I get the Untangle report email it is showing no attachments. However, after reading this, I tried the save attachments trick and sure enough, it was there. If I login to 1and1's webmail portal, it shows the attachments as being there. I am also having the same problem with my iPhone (neutered version of Apple Mail). Any ideas on how to get the attachments to show up normally in Apple Mail?

Untanglit

I'm having the same issue with apple mail.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234