Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Untanglit

Default It is Comcast

We do have business class 18down5up at another location which has 2 UT boxes using 2 separate ips and the Daily, Weekly, Monthly averages as seen through the reports show such low numbers I've never pushed to see if the business account has no limit.
    Here in Chicago I heard (not from Comcast directly) that business accounts 5 ip blocks also have a cap. Assuming it is 250gb and hopefully 250 per ip 22.222.22.220-5, we have no way of using that much bandwidth at that location to test it. I'll post back, still looking for an addon method for the UT box. I've used the tips of the day on the forums here to addon nTop http://forums.untangle.com/showthread.php?t=2144. Now I'm looking at http://forums.untangle.com/showthread.php?t=6789. Thanks for all the input. Unfortunately, I fear bandwidth caps will become more prevalent, not just cell phone networks

According to our Comcast rep, the business class high speed internet (we have the 22/5 at 1 location and 12/2 at another), has no bandwidth caps, it only applies to residential accounts.

Untanglit

That is true, spoke to our Comcast rep and they don't have a cap on the lot of IPs or individually, thanks. Now I need to utilize that freedom To bad I can't host all the stuff in location A in the location with the business class. Location A is residential and I forgot to ask the business rep if we can get business class in a residential area, although I'll plead small business (beginning of GoogleZon here) if they say no. Although I don't know how to play them, they don't seem to mind small websites and the like being hosted off of our business account and the up speeds aren't bad at all, but I have tested and are quite slow with 150-250+ simultaneous connections; again, we aren't pushing it by any means, and according to the small 250+ connection is not high and the performance is dropped due to a load on the network, not the server side.

Sorry to turn this into a non-UT Comcamment, but I added an enhancement request, and thanks for everyone's help.

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by PROACTIVENS View Post
    Wow, your getting ripped for the 16 - 5 service. Correction, I do have 5 up, but I am paying alot less. How many IP's do you have?
    5 Static, it was $300 a month when we were Time Warner , still cheaper than a t-1 which was $600+ around here at the time.

And faster... T1's are 1.45mb up/down However, cable will never be as reliable as a good old T1.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    And faster... T1's are 1.45mb up/down However, cable will never be as reliable as a good old T1.
    My phone is t-1's and my internet is Comcast.
    I know it is a ymmv situation but my comcast goes down far less then my t-1's AND every time my t-1's go down I have to get a tech out ( usually the next day ) that rarely happens with Comcast.

Untanglit

Funny you say that. The Comcast business we have we got 6 months ago and have not gone down and we went to cable after realizing the T1 myth no longer is worth the expense. Our XO Communications T1 went far out of its SLA and went down every 2-5 months. SLA means nothing when you simply get reimbursed with money when you really only wanted and need stability. Surprisingly Cable (Comcast) has been quite stable.

Post Sucks

Hay guys... Please don't complain about your broadband. In South Africa, even thou it is considered more and more as a 1st world country the broadband is pityfull. Home owners pay about $60 (with $1 = +- 10 Rand) for 385Kbps down and 256Kbps up with a 3Gig cap.
    One business is paying $3500 monthly for 2Mbps up and down.

Just a thought, use it, don't use it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12