Default email test and reports no longer successful

I can no longer receive emails from untangle (from either reports or email test). This ability has disappeared since the beginning of the week. I was able to send to my work address using 'send email directly' but that stopped working and then I used my gmail address and that worked shortly but has now stopped working. I've also tried several private addresses but they do not work at all. I've tried defining several different smtp settings which I'm sure are correct since I took them straight from my email app. Nothing seems to work. I get no error message when using email test; I simply don't receive any emails from untangle. Can someone throw some suggestions my way on how to debug this issue? Thanks.

Is your firewall set to block by default? If so, do you have port 25 open?

Disregard my last post. I just tested and the firewall WILL NOT keep the Untangle Server from sending email.

Is this a home install or Company?

The reason I ask is that some ISP's will not allow any traffic over port 25 unless it is to their smtp server. This usually only applies to home services though. I use my ISP's smtp server in my Untangle Server at Home because of this very reason.

You just have to find a valid SMTP relay that will let untangle send mail if your ISP blocks the untangle server from sending mail directly.

try using your email server's internal IP minus the authentication and set your mail server to allow relaying from the untangle server's IP
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

ps - you can drop to the command line and read the mail logs in /var/log/exim4/
    and check the queue with 'mailq'
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Thanks for all the suggestions. It turned out that our ip address is on a spam list. We had gotten a block of ip addresses a few weeks ago and turned our old, single ip address in. We don't run a regular mail server but do run a pbx and this untangle box that send out warning and error messages. Since these messages were leaving our network from an ip address on a spam list, our mail providers were rejecting them. What really threw me off though, was that the mail was going through for the first few days I was using untangle. The only reason I figured out it was a spam list problem was that I realized our voicemail to email wasn't working and when I dug into our PBX mail spool I found that the messages were being rejected by our email provider because of our being on a spam list. We've gotten off the list for now and our Untangle email now works again.

what a pain... I pain I know...
    --------------------------------
    Juan Machado
    --------------------------------