Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I highly recommend the Linksys for Untangle SDWAN. It has the bonus of WiFi that is far superior to any network appliance. I use it myself. Command Center makes it easy to remotely administrate.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Interesting. I have dual 1g connections from separate isp's. I've read lan to wan throughput is less than a gig. Do you know if that limitation changes with sd-wan router firmware or it is a hardware limitation?

Besides licensing, the hardware is the limiting factor. There is a penalty for predictive routing as the first few packets are held to make a decision but it the decision is cached after that packet.

Untangler

I wonder if there are any lan to wan throughput tests on the linksys that lverage 2 wans. I might have to check that out.

Anyway, I have my machine up on vbox. Im running ngfw and sdwan inline. Both ways are connected and I'm getting about 500m on each link. Need to do some tweaking because I get about 850-950m directly connected to each. The machine (i7-4790 16g ram, i350 nics) should handle it, so we'll see. Still, not bad for a first run. I'm happy.

But, yes, might get higher performance using separate physical boxes.

Unfortunately Linksys is a poor choice for multiple WANs. The hardware is such that there are really only two NICs, a WAN and one LAN. The rest of the ports are sharing the first LAN port.

Untangler

Got it. So do you use the Linksys hardware for yours or do you use the firmware on a different device? I have a dual wan asus router that supports wrt. I guess I could try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Clectech View Post
    Got it. So do you use the Linksys hardware for yours or do you use the firmware on a different device? I have a dual wan asus router that supports wrt. I guess I could try that.
    I use the Linksys WRT1900 ACS with Untangle SDWAN. ASUS has closed their drivers for Open Source so I doubt there is a OpenWRT for it. Either way firmware is specific to the hardware so Linksys Untangle firmware will not load on ASUS.

Untangler

Got it. Well, I used Untangle SD-WAN for my full workday. One of the WANs was shared , so I didn't have to fully contend with my kids. I just plugged into a 100m port on the att router.

I have to say I was very impressed and I have not even tweaked it yet. Tomorrow I'll be running it through NGFW inline with SD. The end product won't have my work lan running through NGFW, but I figured I'd test it this way before sending the whole family through it.

I did some interface shutdowns during video calls and it did not miss a beat!!! Great job on the software, Untangle!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123