Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Untangler

Default Spam Blocker + Updates

How often does the spam blocker module update?

I am new to Untangle but it was last updated:

Spam Blocker was last updated: 2009-11-25 4:54:12 pm

I would figure this would be a more updated system.

Do you have to manually invoke a update? Can you automate that??

spamassassin automatically updates daily. that date will only change if there is a new signature.

that means that if you install spam blocker on the 11-25-2009, and there are no new signature available, it will continue to show 2009-11-25.
    Last edited by richie; 12-01-2009 at 12:42 PM.

Untanglit

Does anyone know the last date the filter was updated? My is reporting 11/2/09, that's almost a month ago. I figured we'd be getting updates a lot faster than that.

I'm wondering the same thing. I've had UT installed for a few weeks now, but no updates so far.

Master Untangler

Got three more here that has not updated since 11-02-09.

Untangler

Yeah, just for the record;

Spam Blocker was last updated: 2009-12-08 8:10:12 pm

sa-update is automatically called via cron jobs, but if there are no updates available it will continue to show an old date. if you just installed spam blocker today and there are no updates available, it will show today's date on the web ui. this will only change if there are new updated signatures.

if you want, you can manually run sa-update -D so you can see what is happening.
    Last edited by richie; 12-15-2009 at 10:47 AM.

I am experiencing the same issue.

I tried several ways to fix this: none worked so far. So, here is what I tried so far:

remove from rack, reinstall in rack.
    remove from rack, reboot, reinstall in rack
    add spam booster, try the above.
    run sa-update -D from the terminal (both with spam blocker and/or spam booster in rack and removed from rack - same output lines). There are error lines. How do I copy he output in here? I think this could be helpful.

I believe that the last update coincides roughly with my 7.0.1 upgrade. I am now on 7.1. Running in bridge mode. Other modules are: phish blocker, spyware blocker, web filter, virus blocker, protocol control, ad blocker, Commtouch Spam Booster trial, reports .

I am open to all suggestions at this point. If it involves the command line, please be *very* specific. My LINUX skills are rather limited, but I do get concepts and I am usually pretty good at following instructions...

Thanks in advance!

LD
    Last edited by Louisd; 12-18-2009 at 08:01 AM.

You're wasting your time, spamassassin's update server is down and has been for a while. We'll see if we can find out what's going on with them.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

Thanks mrunkel.

I wish I knew that before I spent time trying to troubleshoot the beast! And I should probably have suspected something, since UT has been rock solid for me since I put it on adequate hardware.

In subsequent information gathering, I found that the spamassassin web site is definitely not kept up to date, with "news" as old as 18 months. It would seem that this project is no longer active. This is both a surprise and a cause for concern. I suppose UT developers are starting to look for a plan B?

Thanks again mrunkel!

LD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast