Untangler

Default Exchange to Exchange issues

Hi
    I would like to ask if after message is sent by UT to the email server behind UT, the SMTP connection beginning is HELO or EHLO (as in the initial package?). I ask this, because if it is HELO Exchange server will not be able to handle correctly the message, appearing the ”winmail.dat” issue sent between 2 exchange servers messaging (mainly if message is sent by outlook even if it is forwarded at server level, to webmail like Gmail will arrive with winmail.dat ). All other messages are delivered correctly.

Default Exchange to Exchange issues

Quote Originally Posted by vargaboti View Post
    Hi
    I would like to ask if after message is sent by UT to the email server behind UT, the SMTP connection beginning is HELO or EHLO (as in the initial package?). I ask this, because if it is HELO Exchange server will not be able to handle correctly the message, appearing the ”winmail.dat” issue sent between 2 exchange servers messaging (mainly if message is sent by outlook even if it is forwarded at server level, to webmail like Gmail will arrive with winmail.dat ). All other messages are delivered correctly.
    if it's exchange to exchange via esmtp, that would definitely fail. try bypassing the traffic -

http://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/S...nge_servers.3F

Untangler

Hi Richie
    I had before "no rack rules" just for incomings, after your mail, as described in wiki I create the pair for each server known to be exchange. But the results are not the best as it can be seen in the pic. Can you or anybody else put a pic. with a no rack rule configured, and known to be working? Perhaps I miss configure one of the parameters. Please advice. Here are mines.
    For A>>B
    Protocol:TCP
    Interface:
    Client: Any
    Server:External
    Address(IP):
    Client:172.1.1.1 (my exchange IP)
    Server:172.3.1.1 (Remote exchange)
    Port>>Server:25 / Rack: >No rack
    For B>>A
    Protocol:TCP
    Interface:
    Client: Any
    Server:External
    Address(IP):
    Client:172.3.1.1 (Remote exchange)
    Server:172.1.1.1 (my exchange IP)
    Port>>Server:25 / Rack: >No rack
    thanks & best regards

Please don't hijack other people's threads...

outbound port 25 traffic is bypassed by default. So you only need the second rule.

The client interface is external, the server interface is internal (or wherever your exchange server is).. but set them to any.. It will only match on those IPs, so your rule is unnecessarily complex by adding the interface conditions.
    m.

Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.

It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look here if you want my advice on how to draw one.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Post Apologies for hijacking. I did not intended that.

Just that I’m reading a lot the threads related to this problem (exchange), somehow I omitted this aspect .
    Because I would really find somehow to make it work, and I cannot find out, how to eliminate this problem.I did all that Microsoft say, maybe more without results. All would be excellent, only this is making me/us crazy. So my only help is here somewhere.
    Thanks for moving the thread. Sorry again.

Quote Originally Posted by mrunkel View Post
    Outbound port 25 traffic is bypassed by default. So you only need the second rule.

The client interface is external, the server interface is internal (or wherever your exchange server is).. but set them to any.. It will only match on those IPs, so your rule is unnecessarily complex by adding the interface conditions.
    Here is your solution.
    m.

Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.

It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look here if you want my advice on how to draw one.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Exclamation Much ably

Hi mrunkel
    Thanks for helping. The solution was “ANY”. Since then it seems working 89%; 11% are still with problems. (Don’t ask why I calculated in % ) Remaining problem is for 11% of emails sent by our robots (mail) with the following message” Body type not supported by Remote Host,” Emails are sent with same format! Few kb differences, with pdf & XML attachments, and a few words in body and subject. Could you advice future steps?