Default [SPAM][SPAM] tagging in subject

Some of my spam mail is labelled [SPAM][SPAM] instead of just [SPAM]. Is there a reason it's being filtered twice? Do I have a compromised machine, or is it just filtering it again on retrieval?

One thought... Are you filtering email outbound? Could it be that messages are being marked comming and going?
    PCMonk
    Keeping the network safe one obsessive compulsive quirk at a time.

Yes, it is. So is it retagging messages already marked as spam?

Quote Originally Posted by u3b3rg33k View Post
    Yes, it is. So is it retagging messages already marked as spam?
    Yes I think so. I have my mail set to quarantine and send a digest message. What happens to me is that a new quarantine is created for the destination address, the outbound mail is quaratined and the destination address is sent a quarantine message. I would rather my user's quarantine be used and the digest be sent to my user. Sending mail marked as spam to a customer looks bad in my opinion let alone sending them a digest message they cant use. External access to the quaratine can be configured but I don't want to open that access especially for unknown users.

I have been told by some on this forum that Untangle was not designed with outbound filtering in mind. Untangle by default is set to not quaratine outbound mail. I am told this should be indication enough that it should not be used? I don't agree with that statement. If Untangle was not designed for it then remove the option or more clearly state the behavior as normal.

Here is a link to the thread I mentioned...
    http://forums.untangle.com/spam-bloc...ine-issue.html
    PCMonk

Quarantining outbound mail would be a pain. Who would be responsible for checking it? if it was a spoofed address, it would just sit there indefinitely (until it was cleared out).

If you sent an email that got quarantined and the admin didn't release it for a few days, it'd get annoying quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by u3b3rg33k View Post
    Quarantining outbound mail would be a pain. Who would be responsible for checking it? if it was a spoofed address, it would just sit there indefinitely (until it was cleared out).

If you sent an email that got quarantined and the admin didn't release it for a few days, it'd get annoying quickly.
    Agreed but I liked using it mainly becasue the outbound mail was logged so I could easily see if and when the email left my mail server. Since it is outside the mail server there was no question. I almost never have an issue with outbound spam. If I did get a user that started sending spam through my mail server it would be nice to have a filter in place to protect the company reputation.

Outbound smtp from sources other than my mail server are blocked so the risk for me is minimal. For those without a mail server on thier own network the risk is greater.
    PCMonk