Untanglit

Default Mail attachements sent to gmail get corrupted

The attachments in Emails sent to gmail by our Email server gets corrupted when passing through Untangle server. This behavior is random and switching off any module on untangle does not solve the problem. This happens only when mails are received on gamil.

If any solution has been already suggested then kindly send me the link

Thanks

M.K.Gupta

If your email server is on the LAN side of Untangle and it is sending out to GMail, it doesn't get handled by Untangle. -- Go check the Policy Manager, it should have a default to bypass outbound port 25 traffic.

Now, email you are POP/IMAP'ing from GMail does get scanned, but I've never seen Untangle clobber attachments... mainly since it doesn't do any corrections to the message (like LF checking)... just adds a few headers if asked to do so.

What kind of attachments are they? If they are zip-password encrypted, then the POP/IMAP scanner (when you retrieve from GMail) may do what you describe.

Untanglit

You are correct that my Email server WEBMAIL is inside and sending mails to outside.Attachments of any type .doc, .ppt, .pdf or .zip got corrupted only when received on gmail but on yahoo or rediff files received are intact.

Thanks for your comments.