Untanglit

Question 'All' emails marked as spam?

Hi guys:

I am a bit of a newbie to Untangle (weak excuse) and i have noticed that a large majority of our legit emails are suddenly being marked as spam. It is a problem that I seem unable to lick at present!!

What have I done:
    Each email category has been set to a strength value of 7 and add email headers. (I have not been able to determine from the headers what the problem is)

What I would like to do:
    I would like to be able to introduce examples of ham and spam to the backend system (Spamassassin) so that I don't have to resort to trying to setup endless white lists.

I would also like to get a bit more granular in the configuration of the system if that is possible?

Well, that is my story - please could you let me know if there is a solution for this issue as it is somewhat irritating.

(BTW, I installed Untangle yesterday, because its reporting and management functions are very cool and apart from spending loads of cash on a hardware system, it has to be the best that I have seen yet!)

Kind regards,

Michael.

Welcome to the forums. Router mode or bridge mode? If it is in the bridge mode, make sure that the interfaces are not backwards. Try going to one of the block sites and describe the block page. Is it all white with text, or nice border block page with logo.
    to be understood, you must first understand. :)
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself. If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untanglit

Hi Gotkimchi:

When I set it up, I selected router mode, so it should be running in router mode.

Kind regards,

Michael

Easy way to determine is go into the Config>Networking>Interfaces>Internal and see if it is set to "bridge" or if you have a "static" IP assigned.

Untanglit

Hi:

Seems that the HDD in the server could be a bit dodgy - I will rebuild the server this evening quickly and see if it behaves once done. I will update this thread tomorrow.

Kind regards,

Michael

Untanglit

Hi:

Re-installed the system with nice big HDD, but I am back to whitelists - bit boring - is there nothing a trifle more granular than this and perhaps a log I can look at to see why it is deciding that an email is spam - it uses SpamAssassin I believe, so is it not possible to build a little more granularity into the interface - it seems a little sparse?

Kind regards,

Michael.

Untanglit

Hi there:

Ok, so I have decided to turn of the spam blocker as it is more of an irritation than a help. (Which essentially means that in my opinion, it does not work!)

Kind regards,

Michael

Check this thread on the SPAM scoring:
    http://forums.untangle.com/spam-bloc...ing-guide.html
    to be understood, you must first understand. :)
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself. If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untanglit

Hi:

Problem that I have is that there is no granularity in the interface to sort the spam from the ham - also, if i want to teach the system that certain emails are ham and some are spam, i would like to be able to put those emails into the relevant spamassassin folders, which i am not able to at the moment. so again, short of whitelisting, and this means quite a number of emails a day, and some emails that have been whitelisted are still blocked. not very cool -

Kind regards,

Michael