Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Untanglit
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    29

    Default Pass Oversize Message

    Hello,

    We have a small Untangle box in our office (14 users). It is running Spam Blocker (free) and Anti-Virus (free).

    Over the weekend, a lot of spam go through Untangle. The Spam Blocker log shows a lot of '0' scores and the message is "Pass Oversize Message". The messages they are considering "Oversize" are in fact, pretty small (less than 100k, and are obviously spam). Now I'd say only 10% of messages are getting through this way, the other 90% are being blocked as normal.

    Any ideas what I can look for, this just started so I wonder if any update came down.

    We have other Untangle installs, and none of them are showing this problem.

  2. #2
    Untangle Ninja dbunyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Westerville, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    1,059

    Default

    What do you have the "Message Size Limit" value set to?
    Dan

    You may one day find something interesting here. Today is not that day. Tomorrow isn't looking too good either.

  3. #3
    Untanglit
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    29

    Default

    262144 - That is the problem.

    Did an update come down that suddenly changed this, we've never seen that before?

  4. #4
    Untangle Ninja dbunyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Westerville, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    1,059

    Default

    I don't believe so, no. As far as I know that option has been there for some time. I currently have mine to to a meg I think to keep stuff from slipping through that has PDFs on it.
    Dan

    You may one day find something interesting here. Today is not that day. Tomorrow isn't looking too good either.

  5. #5
    Untangle Junkie dmorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Carlos, CA
    Posts
    17,747

    Default

    How are you checking the size of the email?
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

  6. #6
    Untangler
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    80

    Default

    That's 262144 (bytes) right ?

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default Same issue

    Hi Folks


    I have the same problem...On Message size limit have 262144..

    Many messages on Spam Bloquer are marked as "Pass Oversize Message"..


    I don't know where are going this messages..


    Anyone can help me?


    Thankss a loot!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2