Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mails blocked

Untanglit

Default Mails blocked

Hello,

I have some problems with sending and receiving of mail with my box UT (5.1 in bridge mode), on which there just spam blocker installed. my network diagram is on attached file.
    Filtering spam works well, but there are some email that are not received or that we can not send my arm when I UT box.
    Accurate even if I turn off the spam blocker, these messages do not always. It is necessary that I take my UT of my network so that all messages pass properly with this schema netwotk: Internet---SBS---Switch---LAN.
    Are you familiar with this problem? is there something I can do to not block any messages?

Thanks for your help

Chris

Hey Chris,

Are you scanning outbound SMTP?
    Can you check in your policy manager to make sure you have a rule sending outbound port 25 to the "No Rack" ?
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untanglit

hey dmorris.

I'm no scanning outbond SMTP. I set the default configuration.
    My Policy manager is by default. so, there is just one rule sending outbound port 25 set to "no rack".
    I do not understand why some email from outside are unable to cross the bridge to reach the mail server, whereas most pass without problems. Same thing for some messages from the LAN. It appears that the problem occurs with some domain names. For example, we can not receive mail from ****@toto.com (they can not even until my box UT), and we can not send mails to ***@toto.com, the e-mails remain in the queue for send.
    It appears that the establishment of UT prevents communication with some names messaging.
    Is there a place where you can see what is blocking these messages?

Thanks for your help
    (Apart from that spam blocker works well with the e-mails that pass)

Do you have tarpit checked?

you can check the eventlog in spam blocker to see whats being scanned
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

Untanglit

tarpit is disable.
    Mails that are blocked do not even until UT, they do not in eventlog. Outgoing mails in the direction of some domain name remain blocked at my mail server in the queue sending as UT is in place (Internet UT---SBS---Switch -- - LAN). And I can not receive incoming mail from the same domain names. They must remain blocked on the mail server of the sender. So, these messages do not reach here UT and I do not see them not in eventlog. Even if I turn off spamBlocker, these messages do not pass. Once I take UT out (Internet SBS ---LAN---Switch), all these mails pass smoothly.
    Can we settle for something specific domain names?

thanks for helps, it's crazy

weird.

Are these domains special in any way? Are they your domains?

Untanglit

Yes, very strange.

These domains have nothing particular, these are domains of corporate clients. They are of the form: john.name@corporate.com
    I do not understand.

Thank you if you can help me because I can not leave UT connect with this problem, and as a result we receive lots of spam.

Thanks

Chris

Untanglit

Hello,

is anybody as an idea for my problem?

Thanks

Untanglit

OK, nobody has ever encountered the same problem as me?

Thanks

Untanglit

hye

is anybody can help me to resolve this problem?

thanks a lot

chris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast