Default Not getting new incoming messages in Apple Mail 5.0 client

I am running a Macbook with OS 10.7.1 (Lion) and Mail 5.0. The problem I am having is that all new messages from my POP account will not download into the inbox. Checked the mail account settings (connection doctor) and all is good with the POP account configuration.

I am running Untangle as a router, and when I power off the Spamblocker, the incoming mail arrives to the inbox perfectly. I have also set the incoming POP spam filter to "pass" and the incoming mail works fine. But when it is set to "mark" that's when the mail stops coming in.

We also have several PCs here running Outlook and OE and had no trouble with the Spamblocker setting and incoming messages. Only the new Macbook with Mail 5.0 has given me this problem.

Has anyone had a similar problem running Apple Mail 5.0? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hans

An update to my Mail 5.0 problem: it appears that even with Spamblocker set to pass messages, the new messages are still being blocked most of the time.

What I have done in the meantime is configured another rack for the Macbook pro, and assigned its IP to a policy that used this rack. The rack has Spamblocker installed but powered off. The rest of the PCs on my network are still being being taken care of by the default rack and have spamblocker active.

So, for the meantime will be relying on Apple mail's junk filter to catch most of the spam.

Does the mail 5 client have a place where you can extend the timeout on the pop3 session?

My guess is it's working fine, but the mail client isn't waiting long enough.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Default Apple Mail 5.0.

We have exactly the same problem with Apple Mail 5.0 client and POP mail accounts. Imap accounts working fine. Turning off pop filtering option in spam blocker doesn't help. The only thing that helps is turning pop protocol procesing in system configuration. We are using Courier Imap server behind Untangle in bridge mode. Any idea?