Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Untangler

Default What's happened to the event log?

Did a fresh install of 9.11 couple of days ago, spam blocker works but the event log doesn't do anything.

Also I've noticed at the bottom it says the events will be delayed a few minutes - on previous installs I used to see events in pretty much real time which made it handy for quick checks. How long are we talking about.

Email is probably one of the most critical IT systems for any company, and it was nice to quickly send a test email and eliminate untangle and get to the real cause quickly, rather than send a test email, go have lunch then see what happened, then move on.

The application logs require the reports module to be installed and active to function now.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

Just double checked and reports is installed/active.

Strange thing is I went to check reports and it said there were none, told it to generate and it only made a report for today with no email activity at all.

It's running on ESXi and the host was powered down last night and night before which would explain reports not being auto generated, but doesn't explain two days of reports missing.

Try installing the phish module. The Spam module should be taking care of that, but there is a bug that prevents the reports module from working if certain modules aren't installed.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

Just reinstalled from a 9.0.2 iso but it forced me to update before loading any modules. Anyway, now i've only got the following modules loaded and still getting the same problem:

Virus Blocker Lite
    Spam Blocker Lite
    Phish Blocker
    Reports

Also forgot to mention when I check the report, virus checker seems correctly reports the number of emails scanned, but if I look for actual events there are none.

Untangler

Strange - I've got two entries only now, two untangle test emails, all I can see is a log of my internal postfix forwarder to the actual remote email server. (I've told untangle to use this for it's outgoing mails, and port forwarded port 25 to it as well)

However if I connect direct to the postfix box and send from there, nothing comes up in the untangle log, and also if I connect via wan on untangle, messages don't show, even if the server quarantines them. The crazy thing is when looking at the apps on the rack, they show correct numbers, but the info is nowhere to be found on the logs.

Untangler

Ok, this is just plain and simply broken. I've tried numerous reinstalls, upgrading from and old iso vs installing from latest iso, tried re-downloading the iso, tried 32 bit and 64 bit and it just doesn't do anything useful. I get occasional items logged but nothing of any use.

The beta of 9.2 acknowledged a problem with logs, and another user mentioned upgrading 9.1.1 to 9.1.3 fixed the issue, so I'm wondering whether I should finally conclude logs are broken in 9.1.1 but no one wishes to admit so, and I am not yet allowed to upgrade to 9.1.3 and have no idea when I will be allowed, and I am not allowed to use an older version as when I try to install modules I am told I must upgrade first?

Untangle Ninja

The spam blocker logs work fine for me on all my untangles. I think there was a brief period during the 9.1 roll-out where some logs were broken. Currrently as far as I know the only module with broken logs is WAN Failover, and those are fixed in 9.2. As to 9.1.3 I've never heard of that release.

Hello,

im using Build: 9.2.0~svn20120216r31181release9.2-1lenny

Tarpit Event log is not working. It works for you guys?

Master Untangler

No, has not been working for me for a while on at least 3 installations. They have all been v9.1.1 but one was just upgraded to v9.2 last night. Now the box is dropping all incoming e-mail messages and the Tarpit Event still does not work. Trying to reach support now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast