Master Untangler

Default How good is Spam Blocker Lite??

I'm currently reviewing our anti spam system. Currently we use GFI Mail Essentials which runs on our SBS 2008/Exchange 2007 server. We've used this for a number of years and to be fair it works well.

Of late though we do seem to have weeks here and there where we seem to get a lot of spam through to our inboxes.

I thought that as we use Untangle as a gateway appliance for internet it would be sensible to look at the Spam Blocker Lite app.

I will probably install the app and test it for a few days.

Can you adjust it so that it does not email the end user if an email to them was blocked?

I wouldn't want users to be receiving notification emails like this. Rather I would just want the user to receive their emails and for the admins to be able to retrieve any that were blocked and then send them on.

You can adjust who gets quarantine email notifications, so you don't have to have everyone receive them.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>