Thread: Exchange UCE

Untangler

Default Exchange UCE

Hello,
    I've looked in the forums and Wiki for an answer to this, so don't flog me if I've missed it

Does Untangle set an emails UCE rating when processing it? I'd like to be able to leverage Exchange 2007's spam feature's, which look at the UCE rating of an email. I believe if it comes into the org at a specific rating (say 7), it will simply take that action (like put it in our users junk mail folder).

Can anyone offer insight into what happens under the covers?

Thanks,
    Tim

Nope, it doesn't, at least not yet... Anyway, why do you want to pass SPAM to your Exchange server if you already know it's spam and can drop the message in your Untangle server?

... make your Exchange life easier ...
    --------------------------------
    Juan Machado
    --------------------------------

I used to do this with my prior configuration of SpamAssassin. The part that was nice was that people didn't have to see a "quarantine" on another system... they could stay within Outlook/OWA.

I'm sure something like this could be done with Untangle in the future with some work in the code. But not right now.

kinda janky substitute, but you could "mark" the spam and setup an exchange rule on the server to move all appropriately marked subjects to a certain folder...
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

I find the UCE rating to be a useful numeraic value to a given email's spam rating.

Right now, I have low medium and high type settings in Untangle to configure how aggresive my email filtering is. But those are subjective. I can't compare a filtered vs. unfiltered piece of email against those values.

In the background, SpamBlocker (which uses SpamAssassin) does actually generate a numeric value. However, currently it doesn't add that information into the email. Perhaps a future version will.
    Last edited by JEllingson; 06-26-2008 at 10:48 AM.