Untanglit

Default SMTP not logged anymore

Since 2 or 3 days one of my Untangle Boxes upgraded to 5.2, since then (may 21 st) tha SMTP traffic is not recorded anymore.

In the Spam Blocker I don't see SMTP mails anymore in the events
    In the Protocol App The SMTP loggin is enabled
    And in the reports SMTP is not mentioned anymore in the Protocol logs

I would like to monitor SMTP traffic due to the Issue I have with users triying to send large mails. (see other topic in this forum)
    I already reinstalled the SPAM blocker app but this does not help.

Anyone the same problem or a solution?

Untanglit

Hi,
    Since this friday, no mail traffic is reported anymore. SO I don't see any pop mail logs also...

this is in the virus blocker, fish blocker, spam filter & reporting module...

Untanglit

Update,
    since this morning, pop is logged again...
    strange things are happening...
    Is there something extra I can check in the server, to see where the problem would be?

I am having a similar issue. SMTP stopped logging/reporting after June 2, 2008. I was receiving about 10,000 quarantined messages per day and the week prior to 6-2-08, they drastically decreased from 10k->8k->2k->0. I have been busy with a bunch of other projects recently and haven't paid close attention to the logs until this week when spam & quarantined showed up on my untangle reports again but with only 36 quarantined messages. Luckily our secondary SPAM filter that runs with exchange has been catching almost everything untangle is missing, but obviously something is wrong and I would like to fix it. Any ideas?

Untanglit

the smtp logging issue is still not resolved I think this issue came with the release of 5.1 or 5.2...
    Does anyone know why? :-)
    thanks

Untanglit

Default SMTP TCP-25 Protocol Logging issues w/ UT v5.2x & 5.3.

Quote Originally Posted by speciall View Post
    the smtp logging issue is still not resolved I think this issue came with the release of 5.1 or 5.2...
    Does anyone know why? :-)
    thanks
    Hello.

I am also seeing this now that I am looking for it specifically. One question for you though, while the logging is failing, are you still seeings the messages blocked? Or are internal mailboxes filling with spam that you previously had seen blocked successfully?

I will do some further research on my end in the lab the afternoon, but I am curious to hear about your configurations and observations.

Thank You,

Matthew.

Untanglit

Hello,
    I just use the logging for the statistics, to see how much and what size of mails that there is being send. In this way it's easy for me to troubleshoot some mail issues if they occur.
    On the security side this would be nice to see if someone in the network is sending spam via smtp.

For the rest the spam filter of the pop boxes is doing it's work :-)

In All my configurations I place the untangle in bridge modem behind the ADSL router