Default Spam Blocker Lite + Exchange.... help me I'm in trouble.

Dears, good morning.

I'm having trouble setting up the Untangle.
    My company has its virtualized servers on VMWare.
    The local network operates in the range 192.168.1.XX.
    The mail server has Windows Server 2012 with Exchange 2010 installed and is in a DMZ for VLAN with IP 192.168.5.XX - MS 255.255.255.248/29 - GW 192.168.5.XX.
    I have a server that is a domain controller, DNS and DHCP and Gateway network is a Cisco Firewall under the IP 192.168.1.XXX.
    Untangle installed in a new virtual machine with the IP 192.168.1.248 for internet access.
    The internal network in Transparent Bridge with the IP 192.168.5.3 DMZ

RedeTI.JPG

All IPs Untangle are 'ping' normally.
    My question is: I am not able to receive incomming emails outside my network come in my Untangle.
    I auditioned in Settings> Email> Outgoing Server by sending an email test and was sent successfully.

An IP telnet test was done on port 25 and is unresponsive. Responds only if tested in telnet localhost.

Thank you very much.

Orimar Pereira de França Júnior
    IT Support.

Its not in transparent bridge mode. It looks like you configured the internal interface with an address.
    If you want it to be bridged you need to configure it to be bridged to external and then give those hosts IP addresses on that network (192.168.1.x).

Or add port forwards. Or turn off NAT.

A network diagram would help.
    Last edited by dmorris; 07-16-2015 at 12:11 PM.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Hello, dmorris.

Thanks for your help.

This is my current network with Untangle installed on a VM.

Net01.JPG

No port forward rule is configured.

I want to know how my UT receives mail from my mail server?
    Do I need to setup the IP address from my mail server. In that case 192.168.5.X.

What I want to do is set the UT in the form below, with just one network card and one IP address, filtering the e-mails and sending then to mail server.

Net02.JPG

Untangle must be installed in-line.

http://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/N...Cardinal_Rules

Untangle MUST be installed in-line. Untangle is a gateway product, and it is designed to be in-line with network traffic. Some network administrators want to deploy some of the functionality of Untangle without installing Untangle in-line. This isn't how Untangle is designed and it will likely not work.
    For example, Spam Blocker will filter SMTP as it passes through Untangle. It will not store-and-forward to your email server like some products.Web Filter will filter web traffic as it passes through Untangle. It is does not operate as a explicit proxy that you "point" clients' browsers to send web traffic. All applications and functionality are designed to operate in a context where Untangle is installed in-line with the network flow of traffic.
    Since Untangle is not installed its not going to do anything because it is not scanning any traffic.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Thanks a lot.

I'll modify my network configuration.