Untanglit

Default "Quarantine does not exist..."

There's a mailbox on an SBS2011 server that our Untangle server doesn't want to make a quarantine for. I have confirmed that the user has indeed had messages quarantined (using the SPAM Filter Lite reporting), but I can't figure out why the user quarantine hasn't been created.

I recently upgraded Untangle from an earlier version to V12.0.1, but it hasn't helped with this particular user.

I have found other postings on this issue, but nothing with any useful information or suggestions.

Can anyone suggest what I can do to make this work? I noticed that there are already 25 quarantines created - is there a limit? I can't find anything that lists a limit, but who knows...

Thanks.

There is no limit.
    I would check that your quarantinable addresses is "*"

I would also keep upgrading until you get to the current version (12.2.1)
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untanglit

OK, finished updating.
    Yes, I had other entries in the list of Quarantinable addresses - changed that to just *

Likely need to wait until the mailbox in question gets another SPAM message before a quarantine is created for it, if it even works.
    Wish there was a way to trigger such a thing, but I can see (kinda) why there isn't.

Fingers crossed.

Thanks.

Thats why. If you removed the "*" and put addresses there, only the addresses there will have quarantines.

If you want all your addresses to get quarantines just put one entry: "*"
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

Untanglit

So, I removed the addresses and put in the "*".

Just checked: the user in question has received a message that was quarantined (according to SPAM Filter Lite reports), but the quarantine for the user was still not created.

This is extremely frustrating. I wish there was some way to trigger the process - kind of give it a kick in the pants...

And I also finished updating the UT software - it's now current...

This can't be the first time this has happened. What can I do to resolve it. The user is driving me crazy...

I understand it can be frustrating, but you must understand that your or one of your administrators went to great lengths to configure it so this user did NOT receive a quarantine.
    Does he also have a quarnatine forward in place for this user so another user gets his quarantines? If so, you need to undo that also.

If you truly have no idea whats been changed and just want the quick and easy, just reset to the factory defaults. Everyone gets quarantines by default.
    There are "created" automatically. You need do nothing.

Untanglit

Pretty sure we didn't do anything to configure it so to prevent the user from getting a quarantine.
    That doesn't mean, however, that we didn't do something unintentionally.
    We created an entry, *@domain.com" in the "Quarantineable Addresses" AND we created a forwarding rule for the mailbox to another user. Both of these were done, but they didn't create the problem: they were to try to resolve it.

However, now that you mention the forwarding rule, I look at the single Quarantined message for the mailbox, and look in the Quarantine for the person we were forwarding it to, and it was there.

This is all working as it should, and there's nothing wrong with the design. However, a bit more explanation in the wiki might be welcome.

I hope you don't think I'm complaining - we're all big fans of UT here. These little things, however, can be very annoying.

Thanks for your quick responses in this thread. While I'm not 100% sure, I believe you have clarified this enough for me to resolve it.

Glad you figured it out.

Some one did change the settings.
    The default is "*" and there are no forwards. These settings don't change unless someone changes them.
    In your case and almost all cases - one should not change these things. In your case someone did.

Untanglit

Figured it out, with your help.

No doubt about it - I made those wrong changes. I remember doing it.

Only when you explained things here did I realize they weren't a good idea.

If I had applied the UT updates, everything would have worked fine. I just had to fiddle around where I should have kept my damn fingers off!

Thanks again! This thread will help others in the future too...