Default desperately in need for your support [Resolved|

Hello Untangle Hello users

I successfully installed Untangle on decent server, and got everything going.
    I can see the emails flowing through the Spam Blocker however none of my spam test messages were detected !!

I'm using no spam today service which will send you 7 spam emails and your spam blocker should be able to block all of them.

I just want it to work and I need it to scan all spam emails like barracuda.

Please can someone help me out .. PLEASE !!

Thank you
    Last edited by amlife; 01-24-2009 at 12:08 PM.

Master Untangler

1) Describe your network. Router or bridged? Using SMTP, POP or IMAP? If using bridged have you verified that you have not swapped the ethernetcables?

2) what test messages are these? It's possible untangle don't know about these test-messages. Do you got a URL so i can test it myself?

I tired to swappe cables, and I lost internet connection to my exchange box. as Untangle is doing the Bridge thing.

[ Exchange 2003 ] --"Bridge"-- [ Untangle ] -- [D-link Router ] -- Internet -
    a very typical Untangle network.

This is the Link as this forum won't let me post URL becasue I need to post 5 or more posts .. lol

nospamtoday.com/emailsecurity
    you need to add you email address, and they will send you 7 emails uses different spam technique. and your Anti Spam should be able to either flag the email or delete the attachment.

however none of those 7 emails were detected I tested this service with GFI mail essentials and it deleted all of those 7 emails.

can you please check it out and test the strength of your SPAM filter.

another site provides similar service.

efextra.com/filtertest.asp
    Thank you

is there anything in the spam blocker eventlog?

have you verified that your external NIC is actually your external by unplugging it and hitting refresh to make sure its disconnected.
    it will work plugged in backwards - it just won't scan mail.

if you do swap cables you have to wait a minute while the kernel figures out that the MAC addresses have all moved.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

hmm I'm truly a noobi , I got emails this morning and it was tagged with [virus] in the subject line and another email has [SPAM] in subject line too.

I guess Untangle only failling in detecting those test emails becasuse they are so nasty

now can I make a rule in exchange to move [SPAM] emails to [SPAM] Folder
    and [virus] to [Quarantine] ? any idea?

Thanks again

Untangler

I think you do that in outlook by creating rules on each user. Not sure that is the only way or the best but it works for a few users.

Don

It should do it automatically if you're running 2003 or newer Exchange and Outlook clients.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Thanks, I found there is a tool I need to buy that will be installed as an add on to Exchange system manger and it will do all kind of sorting emails based on rules. the cost is $600 which was about to give me a heart attack.

However I found tool that comes with GFI Mail essentials 12 & 14 called rulemgmt.exe
    Thank can do similar task perfectly.

This tool is free & anyone can get it along with any trail installation of GFI, and it is located in the installation directory.

Regards