Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ITecs View Post
    I apologize if it seems I am being difficult, I don't mean to be. I just have angry people breathing down my neck because this will be the 3rd day this problem has been going on.
    People are trying to help - please answer people questions.
    You hardware is very relevant. Guess what happens when spamassassin times out?

I would run 'tail -f /var/log/syslog' or /var/log/daemon.log and see what spamassassin is saying.
    if it fails the mail is dropped.

I would also run 'ucli instances' and find the node ID of spamassassin and then read /var/log/uvm/#.log where # is the node ID.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

That is exactly why I am sooooo confused.

This setup has been in place and working perfectly fine for months. I am the only one that makes any changes to the servers/network. Yet 2 days ago all hell broke loose and the only thing I can track it down to is the Untangle. The problems go away if I bypass the Untangle box, which of course allows the SPAM through.

To further the confusion, the problem stopped when I reload the box fresh, but then started again a few hours later. Today I attempted to load an older version of Untangle, but it won't load the SPAM blocker without upgrading to 6.1.

I think most of my problems will go away if I can figure out how to get it to quarantine instead of Block. I configure it for quarantine in the GUI but is still wants to block and it is blocking emails that have a score of 0.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

try running this command:
    Code:
    /usr/bin/rush -e
    "Untangle::RemoteUvmContext.nodeManager.node('untangle-node-spamassassin').enableSmtpFailClosed(false)"
    warning: this means spam blocker with fail open. If a scan fails - the email will pass - causing some spam to slip through (maybe more depending on your hardware)
    this was the default in 6.0 and prior.

futhermore I would put people relaying mail on a different port so it isn't even scanned by untangle.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    Code:
    /usr/bin/rush -e
    "Untangle::RemoteUvmContext.nodeManager.node('untangle-node-spamassassin').enableSmtpFailClosed(false)"
    warning: this means spam blocker with fail open. If a scan fails - the email will pass - causing some spam to slip through (maybe more depending on your hardware)
    this was the default in 6.0 and prior.

futhermore I would put people relaying mail on a different port so it isn't even scanned by untangle.
    Thanks for the suggestions. I will give it a try and post later with the results.

If your box is running with that high of cpu utilization then your hardware needs addressing.

Try removing all the apps except for spam blocker and firewall (if you are using the firewall) and see how that works for a while. If it does work better, then your hardware is to blame. See what the cpu utilization is with only the spam blocker running as well.

We are all trying to help. I can understand why you are frustrated with this, I would be too. Dont overlook the hardware just because it has functioned properly for a long time. Your board could be failing, or your cpu, or your memory. There are alot of variables here that could be the root cause of the problem. If your box worked fine for a short time after you installed 6.1 from an ISO and then stopped working properly, then that would point to a hardware deficiency. Other than server processors, most CPU's are not designed to run at 65-75% utilization for extended periods of time. They lack the proper l1 and L2 cache to keep up that kind of number crunching efficiently.
    www.nexgenappliances.com
    Toll Free: 866-794-8879
    UNTANGLE STAR PARTNER
    Follow us at spiceworks!

Untangler

Hello...I had the same problem after upgrading to 6.1 suddenly all the mails were blocking even the spam score is 0 .
    The problem is solved after upgrading the RAM to 1.5GB as UT was running on just 512MB since last few months. I think UT 6.1 needs more memory.

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    Code:
    /usr/bin/rush -e
    Dirk,

If FailedClose is set to true, will it drop the message or will it reset the connection?

Thanks
    --------------------------------
    Juan Machado
    --------------------------------

It should give a "451 Please try again later" response to the sender.

I think it kills the connection. - not sure though.

I know it does not drop the message

from bugzilla:

(In reply to comment #18)
    > (In reply to comment #17)
    > > It should give a "451 Please try again later" response to the sender.
    > >
    >
    > That is what the code does on line 68e of
    > work/src/mail-casing/localapi/com/untangle/node/mail/papi/smtp/sapi/BufferingSessionHandler.java

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast