Untanglit

Default Blocking an email address?

What is the best method to block individual email address? I keep getting email from an individual who I wish to mark as SPAM - never come into my mail system. Thanks.

Untangler

i upgrade to 6.1 and this worked for me.
    open terminal, change to "/etc/spamassassin" directory and edit "local.cf". under the "Untangle global Spam Blocking Settings" section, enter this (without the quotes):
    "blacklist_from that@guy.com"

Just keep in mind that any upgrades to SpamBlocker will likely wipe that out. A more permanent way is to create an additional .cf file... that won't get overwritten then.

I was actually trying to do this, but i am remote from the untangle box. i was using Putty to terminal into the box. But no one seems to know what the root password is. The only information i have is the web ui login information.

You have to log into the "Terminal" physically at the box first. It will ask you to set the password the first time you use the "Terminal". Then username is "root" and your password is whatever you set it to. -- Don't forget to enable ssh when you log into the "Terminal"!!!

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by JEllingson View Post
    Just keep in mind that any upgrades to SpamBlocker will likely wipe that out. A more permanent way is to create an additional .cf file... that won't get overwritten then.
    How to do this additional .cf ? please kindly explain a bit more as i'm still very rookie in linux

Also after we change the setting and save into .cf ,do we need to reboot or restart untangle server to make the changes active ?

Also i believe this block is only for SMTP email rite ? i mean for pop3 is impossible to block like this.

Trying to edit my .cf file. What command is used to do this?

I'd recommend using the built-in editor in WinSCP. Easiest way for Windows users.

Create any .cf file in that folder and it _shouldn't_ get replaced by future updates. I say "shouldn't" because I don't know what could change in the upgrade packages in the future, but right now, it doesn't remove existing unique files.
    KPMWinfield likes this.