Untangle Ninja

Default Using SPAM blocker with my own server SPAM control

I have a Debian Lenny box running as a webhost for customers. I run this from my home server and it handles all of it's own SPAM.

I installed the SPAm control for UT and set the filtering to LOW and the Superspam option on.

I had it running for about 10 minutes and it has already DROPPED 68 connections. I figured I should let the gateway drop those before my server and let my server do the quarantine and etc via it's built in Maia mailguard.

Working great so far! The maia currently has no ability to drop superspam so this feature in IT is a benefit for me!

Lannie

Untangle Ninja

since my post, 156 blocked, only 2 valid. jeesh.

I can't see any problem by doing that, a week from now UT's Spam Blocker performance will increase when the Bayesian filter kicks in.
    I had secondary spam blocker (GFI) in my network then I removed it later on as I saw there is no benefit of having both running, UT is doing all the job.
    My current spam blocker filtering settings is set to extreme.

no body coplained about missing emails .. & I'm happy

Of most UT installs I perform for customers, effective SPAM filtering is generally the primary goal. Next to the few Cuda's I support, UT does an admirable job. The other free & paid modules are just icing on the cake

Untangle Ninja

Heck, I reset my UT the other day and I just checked it and it's rejected 20K or more!!!

Lannie