Untangler

Post Mass import of safe-list?

I have a few users who would like to guarantee that messages do not get quarantined from their respective contact lists. Despite the fact that I explained the downside to adding over a thousand email addresses to each users safe-list, they wish to proceed...dang CEO's!

I have searched and came up empty handed with the exception of some hits echoing my concerns about the mass import of contacts.

Is this possible and if so, how do I go about doing this?

Thanks in advance
    CD

As far as I'm aware that pass list is maintained within the postgres database at the heart of UT. The only way to do such a mass import would be to do a SQL script to stuff that information into the db directly.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

i created a file called "whitelist.cf" and inserted it into "/etc/spamassassin". this worked for me. don't forget to restart UT or spamassassin. i have UT 6.1

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by john_fugazi View Post
    i created a file called "whitelist.cf" and inserted it into "/etc/spamassassin". this worked for me. don't forget to restart UT or spamassassin. i have UT 6.1
    Please explain this in newbie terms so some of us can understand it.

Untangler

spamassassin uses .cf files for customizations. the default file is called "local.cf" which is located in the "/etc/spamassassin" directory. go to this directory and create a file, in your case, called "whitelist.cf". i have 2, "whitelistDomains.cf" and "whitelistUsers.cf". list each of the users by the prefix "whitelist_from ". here is a link to the format you should use for your whitelist, http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/...ssin_Conf.html. basically, "whitelist_from good@domain.com". you can also specify alot more stuff like blacklist, etc. restart UT and then monitor to make sure. also, keep a backup copy because if you upgrade UT there is a chance that these files will be deleted.

what this will do is add a -100 to each of the whitelist emails when then come in. that way, the email is pretty much going to get through. a "blacklist_from" will add 100.

Default additional spamassassin .cf files

thanks for the info of being able to add our own or "others" .cf files to spamassassin. I have used the following website (on and off) for awhile. I know adding large rules to spamassassin can and will increase memory usage (use these at your own risk). However some domains (well users of those domains) seem to attract or can of spam. Thought it may help others: http://www.sa-blacklist.stearns.org/sa-blacklist/
    Last edited by wharfratjoe; 06-26-2009 at 10:41 PM.