Untangler

Default Image spam - FuzzyOCR not firing?

Hi everyone -

I finally got Untangle blocking a good portion of my spam. However, I still have a couple users getting a great deal of image spam. I don't think FuzzyOCR is firing, however, it does pass the tests when I pass the test emails through spamassassin.

These image based messages show up in the event log as a 0 score, but it still says quarantine. It is not being quarantined however.

There does not seem to be any entries for these zero scored emails in mail.log. Load averages in the low two digits

Untangler

To be more specific, the only thing that shows up in the FuzzyOcr log is when I run the test emails through Spamassassin in debug mode. Also, looking through Mail.log it seems FuzzyOcr has not fired once. Please help! My boss is receiving 30 or so a day

I made a comment in Bugzilla about FuzzyOCR log files... I don't know if it was corrected in 6.2 or not... and am too lazy to go look :P

Untangler

I had seen that when I was having a problem with FuzzyOCR a few months ago and I corrected it. However, some various spam was still getting through so I reinstalled. Reinstalling fixed the other problems, but now image spam is getting through. I made sure the permissions were correct and it has not helped

Untangler

I am getting image spam also.. I got a bunch today.. filter only marked it a 4.
    I am guessing it's not working as i did a new install 4 days ago due to going to new hardware (Dual Processors and a scsi raid setup)

Image spam about Term Life, Airline tickets,Cash Flow etc.. This is the worst kind....

Untangler

Any one Help with this..? I am getting image spam e-mails.. the e-mail consists of no text - but contain embeded pictures or html links to pictures (jpg, bmp, gif)that talk about airline tickets, bra's, and other things. I would really like these types of e-mails blocked.

Thanks
    Mitch

Untangler

Mine seems to have mysteriously straightened itself out.... so sorry, can't help you

image spam is going to morph to get around fuzzyocr and you have to wait for fuzzyocr to get updated to block it. This all goes in a cycle so you will form time to time get a flood until the fuzzyocr defvs can redo the program to deal with it.