Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I've noticed my clients that are running v9 aren't having this problem, only the ones running v10. I don't have v11 deployed anywhere as of yet.

How do I go about resetting the Bayes database? Can I do this remotely? Do I need to do this at all?

Master Untangler

Could the default score for RP_MATCHES_RCVD be overridden in local.cf?

SPAM filtering stopped working on my Untangle box (v 10.2.1 Kernel: 2.6.32-5) between 19-Oct-2014 07:38:18 and 19-Oct-2014 08:39:39. Everything after that time has a SPAM score of 0 (zero). Nothing has changed on my Untangle configuration or on my network. With the exception of reviewing logs, I don't touch the box because it has always worked so well. I'm averaging nearly 1000 pieces of dreck getting through every week when I used to get maybe 5 or 6 a month.

After reading all of these reports I'm a fan of something being broken by an update.

Just my 2 cents.

DNSBL looks have failed on several ISP. I would start there.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Jcoffin,

So you are telling me that Untangle doesn't really do anything it just looks to my ISP for scores and behaves accordingly. I don't buy it. As I stated in my post ALL of my mail legitimate AND SPAM has a SPAM score of 0 (zero). Next thing you'll be asking me to believe in the Easter Bunny.

You have to understand how SPAM scanning works. Anti-SPAM engines rank an email with various rules. One of the important rules is the DNSBL (DNS-based Blackhole List ) value returned by the server which is listed in your DNS settings. There are several threads in these forums showing that ISP DNS are not handling these request correctly.

http://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/S...k_DNSBL_Access

I'm not saying this is your issue, just where to start debugging the problem.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald1952 View Post
    Next thing you'll be asking me to believe in the Easter Bunny.
    It give that the same probability that a nonexistent untangle update broke AdamB's ISP's DNS server, which you just proposed.

You obviously have a different issue. If all scores are 0 your scanning is probably failing and you unchecked "Close connection on scan failure." I would contact support.

Otherwise, If you want help you should start here: http://forums.untangle.com/announcem...uidelines.html
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

Not arguing that point. And I appreciate the reply.

It just has me perplexed that everything was running smooth as silk and all of the sudden it not only stops filtering SPAM, it stops scanning and gives everything a score of zero. I am painfully aware that I am not the sharpest pencil in the box, but that simply makes no sense.

As I stated in my original post "With the exception of reviewing logs, I don't touch the box because it has always worked so well." I haven't made any configuration changes in nearly 3 months, and that was a couple of BLOCK riles in the firewall. SPAM filtering started failing in 19 October - a couple of weeks ago. It just seems odd that this should start of a sudden for no apparent reason.

It makes perfect sense - spamassassin isn't scanning anything at all. Its probably dead. So everything gets a score of 0.
    Thats usually no big deal, you just have to figure out why. Contact us, we'll get it sorted.

v10.2.1 hasn't been updated since June.
    Here is a blog post on this topic: http://www.untangle.com/inside-untangle/what-changed

Sorry AdamB for derailing your thread.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast