Untangler

Default Spam Marking Behavior

Ok, so I created a feature request for this but I'm wondering if the Untangle community or developers would be open enough to share how to solve this problem apart from waiting for a new feature.

I know custom modifications to Untangle are not supported, but this is such a necessary thing that it is a real thorn in my side right now.

The default behavior of SpamBlocker when the "Mark" option is used is to rewrite the messages subject line and prepend "[SPAM]" as well as it rolls the original message up into an attachment to the new SPAM message. I really, really want to disable this behavior.

In SpamAssassin these two settings are called report_safe and rewrite_header. However, if I add those to the SpamAssassin configuration file the behavior of SpamBlocker is not changed. I've dug all through this thing and can't find anywhere this marking behavior is taking place. I suspect it is actually happening within the untangle compiled code. But, I know so little about Untangle's operation that I'm probably just dumb.

So, how about it guys? Is there anyway to tweak this setting so that SpamBlocker will add the spam scores and spam flag but will not mangle my e-mail messages with subject rewrites and attachments?

Turning off the Mark behavior and changing it to "Pass" is not acceptable, because I can not drop super spam then and super-spam makes up 90% of the e-mails coming in and I do not want them going through to the mail server and into people's junk folders.

In addition, I am currently dealing with a 11.0.1 bug where all marked messages are coming through as Phishing messages which is confusing my users big time. This is adding to the frustration of not being able to disable this "feature" all together.

Thanks!

Untangler

Alright.. Solved my own problem for now. See how to do it here: http://forums.untangle.com/feedback/...tml#post193819