Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Untanglit

Default Is Spyware Blocker installed on my computer?

Untangle Spyware Blocker seems to be keeping me from using my Ebates account, and is also occasionally blocking other websites. Below are two examples of the block message that I get when I try to use Ebates to make a purchase.
    I cannot tell that Untangle Spyware Blocker or any other Untangle product is installed on my PC.
    Tech support from my computer supplier thinks that Untangle is installed in my router. I donít believe this is correct because a second computer using the same router is not blocked in this way.
    I have searched Add/Remove Programs and Revo Uninstaller and cannot find any sign of Untangle software.
    The issue occurs in IE8, Firefox, and Opera.
    Windows 7-64.
    Your help is much appreciated.

"Untangle Spyware Blocker
    This site blocked because it may be a spyware site.
    Host: www.jdoqocy.com
    URI: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-46157-1...bs612753740sbe
    Please contact ."

"Untangle Spyware Blocker
    This site blocked because it may be a spyware site.
    Host: www.click.linksynergy.com
    URI: http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/...bs638963425sbe
    Please contact ."

I'm assuming this is 9.4. Spyware protection was updated and integrated into Web Filter / Lite in v10. You will need to install v10 or v11.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untanglit

As far as I can tell, Web Filter is not installed. I had never heard of Untangle before I started getting the block notices. My computer technician searched the computer, including the registry, and could not find any sign of Untangle products.

Because it's not on your computer.

Contact your network administrator.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untanglit

This is just on my home computer. I have a desktop PC wired into my router, and a laptop connected by wifi.
    The desktop is the one showing the block messages; the laptop is not having any issues.
    Last edited by HamRHead; 01-10-2015 at 01:53 PM.

Untangle is a piece of network equipment, whomever operates your network installed it, it has nothing to do with your computer and everything to do with the network it's attached to.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untanglit

Thanks, that gives me something to work on. Actually I set up the network. The router is a NetGear and came from AT&T. Would Untangle be built into the router?
    I wonder though why I just started seeing the block notices. The router has been in place for several years. Also would the router not block the same websites on the wifi connection to my laptop? I can use Ebates on my laptop.

Untanglit

I poked around in my router just now and I do not see anything...I probably do not know what to look for. Can anyone point me to any settings that I should check or change?
    Thanks.

do you have any additional wifi set up, other than on the Netgear 'router'?
    home powerline bridge, anything else uncommon?

Does the desktop have a wifi card builtin?

I get the feeling you are connected to a neighbors' network, somehow.
    If you think I got Grumpy

Untanglit

Well there’s a thought...but I don’t think so. I know the desktop is plugged into the router, and I am pretty sure there is no wifi built in. Also I am not close enough to any neighbors to pick up wifi. When I search from my laptop, my router is the only connection showing.
    For what it may be worth, I have only recently purchased this PC, and I did not have the blocked pages with my previous computer. The computer came from Vision Computers in Atl.. Their computers come with 1 year of “manages services” where they monitor it and perform weekly “housekeeping” chores. My first thought was that Untangle was a part of their managed services. They tell me that it is not. When I sent them copies of the blocked page notices, they told me I had malware. I then ran Microsoft Security Essentials, Malwarebytes, Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool, and PCMatic, none of which found any malware. Nothing else about the computer would suggest an infection.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast